IGNORED

Car hauler service

Sluggo

Last time I had to ship a car I used a broker (don’t remember which one) and I was happy with the results.  Lots of pros and cons each to brokers vs transporters.

Is the car driveable for short distances?

If so, another option if you’re not in a hurry is to contact race prep businesses in the Houston area that may have space in their transporters for the SCCA race at COTA on 2/8-9.

I can vouch for Phillips Race Prep since he hauled my car all the way to Mid Ohio and back with no issues.  No clue if he’d be (or anyone else in the race car business) willing to do this or not but I know in racing people try to utilize their unused trailer space.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I almost bought one when I was in high school.  A friend of my dad's that owned some told me not to get it as a daily driver.  How did it do on the drive?  Does it still have those weird shocks/springs?

Edited by Sluggo

1 minute ago, Sluggo said:
2 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

It drove great and handles well. The car is cherry and has been garage parked for 40 years. It doesn’t have much in the way of speed and we rarely went faster than 60. Came home on 6, to hwy 90 and on to 71. 71 is a trip when you are the smallest vehicle and everyone blows by you going 80+.  Not sure of the suspension, but the motor produces 62hp. 

• Like 1