IGNORED

Zwifting

TheX

There's no place for this specifically, and this forum is closer to on-topic than the off-topic forum.

Anyway, Needed to unwind after coming home from the rehab place my wife is in. She had a fall, and a brain injury that appears to be on its way to 100% recovery. She should be home in a week or so. 

Decided to do a couple hours on the trainer, and Zwift decided I need to go to Zurich and do the first of the new UCI laps. Did you know that they have hills in Switzerland? I did 8 miles basically straight up, then back down and started back up again. Reminded me of an even more brutal Box Hill. I wanted a thread for me to talk about Zwifting, instead of dropping individual threads all over the place.

1 hour ago, TheX said:

There's no place for this specifically, and this forum is closer to on-topic than the off-topic forum.

Anyway, Needed to unwind after coming home from the rehab place my wife is in. She had a fall, and a brain injury that appears to be on its way to 100% recovery. She should be home in a week or so. 

Decided to do a couple hours on the trainer, and Zwift decided I need to go to Zurich and do the first of the new UCI laps. Did you know that they have hills in Switzerland? I did 8 miles basically straight up, then back down and started back up again. Reminded me of an even more brutal Box Hill. I wanted a thread for me to talk about Zwifting, instead of dropping individual threads all over the place.

Hoping your wife does indeed get to 100% recovered!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Anita Handle said:

Hoping your wife does indeed get to 100% recovered!

Thank you, the last ten days sucked pretty badly. A couple days ago things turned around and she was awake and pretty normal. Everyday is a big improvement.

• Like 9

I did an Ironman in Zurich. In town was a huge climb and the crowd was so thick you couldn't see the road. I got a lot of pats on the back on that section. They were not pushing, no, not that at all.

Edited by Hugh
  • Like 1

For those of you Zwifting, do you have a dedicated tablet, computer, or do you use your phone?  Do you have a monitor you can broadcast from your phone (e.g. airplay)?  For trainerroad I use my laptop sometimes but other times the phone seems so much easier.  It seems like I could use a monitor I can just broadcast to from my phone for something like Zwift.

13 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

For those of you Zwifting, do you have a dedicated tablet, computer, or do you use your phone?  Do you have a monitor you can broadcast from your phone (e.g. airplay)?  For trainerroad I use my laptop sometimes but other times the phone seems so much easier.  It seems like I could use a monitor I can just broadcast to from my phone for something like Zwift.

I use the AppleTV app usually, sometimes laptop with HDMI to TV.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Txduc said:

I just started so I don't have the setup sorted as of yet.  Just using a laptop on a desk but I have been thinking about putting a large tv on the wall in the office.....  Maybe if the wife gets upset I can blame it on TheX 🙂 

I make a great bad example.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I use an old phone to broadcast on my TV and my current phone for the companion app. Super easy and everything is blue tooth

Edited by 4fun
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hammer H2,
Apple TV 4K
Kicker headwind fan - just got this and worth every penny.

Zwift on a phone is aweful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Thanks all for the feedback.  After looking at the really nice ready to go smart trainer bikes ($$$$) I decided to stay with my Hammer H2.  I setup my old Giant OCR2 bike permanently on it, and got an extra seat, seat post, and extra collars as well as a QR seat clamp so that my wife and I only have to swap out seats at a pre-set height.

I picked up a 32" smart TV (crazy how cheap they are) which allows casting from an android phone which is what my wife has.   I use Trainerroad and I do it on my phone which is totally fine.

I think we're getting the TV today so hopefully in a few days I can report back on how it works.

• Like 2