IGNORED

Zwifting

TheX

Got the trainer and was able to try it out with the only 135qr bike we have......a SS DJ-ish bike. So far the rock N roll feature feels pretty natural and easy to manage, even when you stand and mash. Waiting on the boost axle adapter and the lazy susan tire thing for the front thats all supposed to be here next week. Once all that crap arrives I'll try hooking it all up to zwift.

kinetic.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Got the trainer and was able to try it out with the only 135qr bike we have......a SS DJ-ish bike. So far the rock N roll feature feels pretty natural and easy to manage, even when you stand and mash. Waiting on the boost axle adapter and the lazy susan tire thing for the front thats all supposed to be here next week. Once all that crap arrives I'll try hooking it all up to zwift.

This might be the only DJ bike to ever be attached to a trainer.  Maybe you can use the trainer to practice manuals or something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got the axle and lazy susan wheel stand. Set wife's bike up with almost zero sag and suspension locked out and swapped some XT pedals on as well. I was able to have her test it out a bit while I dialed in some drivetrain issues she'd been having that I couldn't fix. and also get her seat position optimized. Now just waiting for the cheap cellphone mount for handlebar and the PITA of hooking it all up and updating all the software.

So far she really likes it. It's quiet and the rocking of the trainer feels natural, especially with wheel stand.

IMG_20200719_195700703.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got to get all the software and hardware working just in time for the motherboard on my primary PC to fail. Had to steal the backup PC from the trainer until the new MOB gets here. Can say the kintec R&R worked perfectly with zwift and has been kinda fun to ride. Wife is consistently using it with just the standard kinetic app, and that in itself says a lot. 

Took the downtime to get the massive combo out of my living room and move it to another section of the house with less traffic. Threw down a rug, ghetto fabbed a wireless bridge to ethernet and connect to a fire TV and 21" monitor I had laying around. Also converted an old music stand to a pseudo TV stand🤣. Should have zwift back up and running by the weekend.

Bottom line, if you want an affordable smart trainer that plays well with MTB, id get the R&R.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/kinetic-rock-and-roll-control-trainer-t-6500/rp-prod198082

IMG_20200811_140034019.jpg

IMG_20200807_220052017.jpg

IMG_20200811_140001987.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, finally got my new MOB and this bitch is finally working right (kinda). Wifi was an issue in my house and to get creative for everything to talk to one another but it's working. We're currently on the "pebble pounder" plan and need to get a cadence & HRM to get everything optimized. 

What are you guys using for this?

Thanks

Edited by ATXZJ

• 2 weeks later...

Got the wahoo cadence monitor hooked up, but its easily 20-30 rpm off on zwift compared to the whaoo app. Running all of it on blutooth for now but ordered an ANT dongle today so hope that helps. Tired of looking at the "spin faster!" message on the screen.

Will say that it's been fun so far.

• 5 months later...

Update and help needed

Finally got around to eliminating the previous chinese fire drill system we were using for zwift, and centralized everything to an Iphone X. Everything works perfectly except for the audio. Zwift is not playing through the speakers in the phone. It will play through bluetooth headphones though. The speakers work fine as i get all normal alerts and can play videos with audio on youtube. 

My suspicion is that it has something to do with running all the metering components through bluetooth, so the phone just assumes to do the same with audio (?) This is the first apple device ive messed with and it may just be too smart for me.

Any Ihelp is appreciated

IMG_20210206_113835077.jpg

Weird!  I have the opposite problem.  I don't use Zwift but I use TrainerRoad on my iPhone 11 and my ability to listen to my phone through earbuds is very spotty.   I also guessed having the trainer + HRM was too much.

If you go to config-->bluetooth look for your earbuds, click on the "i" and disconnect.  They are probably auto-pairing.

• Thanks 1

I've never been able to get my Zwift to work right. I have a tire on smart trainer, plus a power meter rear wheel. So in theory it should know my speed, power, etc. And yet whenever I ride, it puts my speed WAY lower than it really is. It just kills the whole feeling when you know you are going a real speed and real power, and yet Zwift is clocking you at 12mph and you are getting passed by everyone.

Multiple conversations with tech support and no improvement. May need to try Trainerroad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattlikesbikes said:

I've never been able to get my Zwift to work right. I have a tire on smart trainer, plus a power meter rear wheel. So in theory it should know my speed, power, etc. And yet whenever I ride, it puts my speed WAY lower than it really is. It just kills the whole feeling when you know you are going a real speed and real power, and yet Zwift is clocking you at 12mph and you are getting passed by everyone.

Is your weight correct? Does Zwift have a customer service?

I just got @Jessica a Kickr Core last week. With the bad weather coming here, I am likely to join the video game bicycle world soon. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mattlikesbikes said:

Multiple conversations with tech support and no improvement. May need to try Trainerroad.

Cadence is not even close on mine. Use the wahoo app and its 30-40% higher than what zwift says. The only frustration is the "pedal faster" notification that never goes away when in training mode.  I've learned to ignore most everything and just pay attention to power output as it's all a bit of a crapshoot. If it requires 90+ cadence I just ignore the reading, and spin as fast as I normally can without pedaling in squares.  

Glad we have it though.

• 4 weeks later...

I use my smart phone(Pixel 3XL) on a quad lock for zwift, my phone isn't compatible with my monitor.   I really dig Zwift and the fitness gains are serious.  I get more in a 50 min zwift training plan workout then I do a WC loop for sure.  I sure was late to the zwift party but I'm all in.  

I dig hear training, so this is an addition to trail riding when I recover and can ride outside again, I had one glorious ride until my cardio proved stronger them my handling- Zwift related from a previous injury.  

145651893_10222211801977202_2863466334093696645_o.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jessica said:

I use my smart phone(Pixel 3XL) on a quad lock for zwift, my phone isn't compatible with my monitor.   I really dig Zwift and the fitness gains are serious.  I get more in a 50 min zwift training plan workout then I do a WC loop for sure.  I sure was late to the zwift party but I'm all in.  

I dig hear training, so this is an addition to trail riding when I recover and can ride outside again, I had one glorious ride until my cardio proved stronger them my handling- Zwift related from a previous injury.  

145651893_10222211801977202_2863466334093696645_o.jpg

get a google chomecast for your monitor.  That's what we had to do here.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jessica said:

I get more in a 50 min zwift training plan workout then I do a WC loop for sure.  I sure was late to the zwift party but I'm all in.  

With you on this one.  We've been using zwift regularly since the start of the year (once we got the bugs sorted) and have really enjoyed it. I just use the preset training plans that users have created and do about 30 minutes daily. Some of the intervals are pretty tough (for me) and I've been feeling the results on the trail. Faster pace, lowered HR at the top of big climbs and just not bonking as quick. 

The zwift party is happening