IGNORED

MTB Gear

Yosmithy

• 2 weeks later...

Had two crashes at the DH park wearing the alpinestars armor. First was just a stupid slow speed fall down a hillside and second was at speed casing a big gap that bucked me into a wall. On both occasions I landed on my left side leading with my elbow,  then shoulder. Walked away both times without a bruise and just a little tenderness at my elbow. Can't tell you how happy I was to have it, even if i look like the fake batman from the dark knight😆

Also, this gear is DH only gear and would be MISERABLE for general trail riding. 

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 5

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread for all the ladies on AMB LoL.

Wife had a pretty nasty crash practicing drops that put the end of the handlebar right into her lower ribs/upper abdomen. Kinda sucked and had her pretty rattled, but she walked away.  This had us looking for some torso/back protection to use at the bike park this season. Cut to almost NOTHING available specifically for women. G form had some very basic offerings but was discontinued, and what's still available is too big for her. There's also a "stella" model from alpine stars but doesnt appear to offer the chest space needed. Funny as so many women are getting into the more extreme side of MTB like enduro and DH that there's just very little available. Even the rep at G-form ( a woman) said it was an act of congress to convince them to start producing their womens specific shorts again.  

We ended up settling on a MOTO version from icon that seems to offer enough protection without being too constrictive for women with larger cup sizes. Also seems to be reasonably ventilated. She tried it out and said we're G2G once she figures out what compression shirt to use under it. 

HTH for any of the women on here or anyone else looking for something like this.

http://www.rideicon.com/gear/womens/field-armor/field-armor-stryker-vest/stealth

m_5fedea41bcdb2fdb20aa2260.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Glad your wife is alright and it's crazy the bike companies don't have options.  What do the UCI WC downhill and enduro ladies wear?

Thinking they are either just making due with mens products, or are having some custom made stuff done for them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Addidas 5-10 Trailcross LT Flat MTB Shoe Review - As promised, I agreed to let folks know what I think about these shoes I bought a few months ago. Simply said, they are by far the best flat MTB shoes I've ever used. They are light and comfortable, but still feel incredibly supportive. They're easy to slide on, but then tighten up incredibly well and hold your heel firmly in place. When you're riding, you can literally feel the breeze blowing through the mesh section of the shoe. They have the same Stealth sole that 5-10 is famous for, but it feels a bit more rigid than what's on my Freeriders. They actually come as close to feeling clipped in as I've ever felt on a Flat MTB shoe. I'm not seeing any excessive wear on the soles so far after maybe 25 rides. 

These shoes retail for $140 but somehow I was lucky enough to get this pair for $80 on an eBay bid. Now, you're lucky to even find them at full retail. Not sure if Addidas even makes them anymore, but I just ordered a second pair at retail price using some Amazon Gift cards we had. Got the black this time. 

image.thumb.png.b812d3b4a231c1ddf918114a236f56db.png

image.thumb.png.28f2b5e12b1a4aedd2268dd1befb7e57.png

Edited by throet
  • Like 4