IGNORED

Madrone

ATXZJ

Ridden it quite a few times, but its been a couple years since last there (nasty crash). My wife has two go-to trails and one is slaughter creek and other is madrone. I prefer madrone as there's some bonus lines to keep things interesting. We usually do 2-3 laps of slaughter for fitness only. 

Her bonus lines are margaritas at the marina afterward😄

• Like 1

As much as I'd like to go, I'm going to be sticking to trails closer to home for a while until I fully recover from my injury. I'm pretty much riding all the same stuff now, but nowhere near the level I was riding pre-injury. Also my ass starts hurting after about an hour-and-a-half. Rode yesterday and today and feel like I may need a break tomorrow. Definitely want to get out there though before the summer heat rolls in; so keep me in mind for a future ride there. Maybe I can drag @Chief out there with me. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, throet said:

As much as I'd like to go, I'm going to be sticking to trails closer to home for a while until I fully recover from my injury. I'm pretty much riding all the same stuff now, but nowhere near the level I was riding pre-injury. Also my ass starts hurting after about an hour-and-a-half. Rode yesterday and today and feel like I may need a break tomorrow. Definitely want to get out there though before the summer heat rolls in; so keep me in mind for a future ride there. Maybe I can drag @Chief out there with me. 

I'd go. Been there a couple times. Nothing too technical just some rock garden areas as I recall.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 4:57 PM, throet said:

11 hours ago, Chief said:

I'd go. Been there a couple times. Nothing too technical just some rock garden areas as I recall.

The last few times I rode out there was able to hit some drops that was kinda fun. Ridden it backwards from marina to parking just for lolz a couple of times. Definitely more fun as a group...but most all rides are anyway.

IMG_20160213_154817_3.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ

On 1/26/2020 at 7:59 AM, Chief said:

Yeah, that is pretty much it. The issue I always have with the rock gardens is that I ride it so infrequently that I forget the lines. The second lap is always better than the first because there aren't as many dabs along the way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, notyal said:

Did this ride happen? It was pretty wet this past Sunday.

15 minutes ago, natas1321 said:

Was dry except 2-3 small spots.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, TheX said:

My wife is recovering pretty quickly, I need to make it out there soon.

We ended going to visit SATN instead. Wasn't willing to roll the dice for the drive time.

ABSOLUTELY want to do this as a group in the near future.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

I think this is the thread I was really looking for. @ATXZJ any recommendations for this? I’m going to be right down the road in a couple weekends and could squeeze an early morning ride in. What direction is best? Whatever info you can provide would be great. 

Cool! I believe it's one way so don't think you can go wrong. Park at the main parking area and head up the path to the right and the trail will go from there as it's a full loop. Already missing it as I'm typing....

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/285092/madrone-trail

It's not labeled any one direction. I ride it both ways and it's great both ways. I'd say the "typical" way is generally CW, but it's a bit of a figure 8, so even CW starts anti-CW, then crosses over and goes CW. I was there a few weeks ago and it is actually getting pretty confusing even though I've been a few times. There are a lot of cut-throughs on the starting loop before the cross-over, and lots of ways to get turned around. I second using MTB Project or TrailForks to keep you on the trail.  

Edited by Barry