IGNORED

Has anyone tried the E-13 12 speed conversion kit?

4fun

I've about worn out my Gx 11 Speed cassette on my trail bike. I'm currently debating just buying a new cassette for around $122 or getting the E13 12 speed upgrade kit for $199. The reviews online are mixed and I've seen some reviews stating this kit and I-9 torch hubs (which is what I run) don't mix. Any thoughts appreciated.

I tried converting from 11-speed to 12-speed on my King wheels and found that there was an incompatibility. My 135mm through axle wheels would accept a 12-speed cassette, but my 142mm wheel would not. The spider was rubbing on the spokes, causing both the spider to get worn down and causing a broken spoke. I have no idea how I did not hear it when I did the installation, but after I replaced the broken spoke I could hear the rubbing and hand to go back to 11-speed.

Check with i9 on compatibility, don't just assume that it will fit because the cassette fits on the freehub, there could be an incompatibility. I9 *may* be better off because I believe they use straight-pull spokes and my Kings were J spokes.

• 3 weeks later...
I've about worn out my Gx 11 Speed cassette on my trail bike. I'm currently debating just buying a new cassette for around $122 or getting the E13 12 speed upgrade kit for $199. The reviews online are mixed and I've seen some reviews stating this kit and I-9 torch hubs (which is what I run) don't mix. Any thoughts appreciated.

I ran the kit. Don’t do the conversion. Spacing the cage is not a good solution and the chain can jump a jockey and destroy things.

Also, my shifter failed internally during a 50 mile race. It made for a longer day than necessary.

I bought eagle GX derraileur and shifter and it works great! I love the cassette and run it on Torch and hydra hubs.

You must seat the aluminum cog completely and tighten above the torque specs or else it will get off. Clean and grease the interface every time you take it in an off. Can’t beat the range, weight, and gear ratios!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, FJsnoozer said:

I ran the kit. Don’t do the conversion. Spacing the cage is not a good solution and the chain can jump a jockey and destroy things.

Also, my shifter failed internally during a 50 mile race. It made for a longer day than necessary.

I bought eagle GX derraileur and shifter and it works great! I love the cassette and run it on Torch and hydra hubs.

You must seat the aluminum cog completely and tighten above the torque specs or else it will get off. Clean and grease the interface every time you take it in an off. Can’t beat the range, weight, and gear ratios!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! Was worried how finicky the conversion would be.