IGNORED

The first sign of the apocalypse

7 minutes ago, 4fun said:

Definitely was having to muscle it quiet a bit more. If Santa Cruz was putting food on my table, I’d love that bike also!

But not during the uphill climbing segments. 

As much as I enjoy a good 360 off a rooftop, these days I find myself just pedaling uphill way more often. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4fun said:

Definitely was having to muscle it quiet a bit more.

Just now, notyal said:

But not during the uphill climbing segments.

True. Danny+ebike makes uphills look real easy. He was smiling, riding one-handed, doing wheelies, and in no way winded at the top. That rock slab climb looked super fun though--it reminded me of climbing up Epic or the Full Commando peak at RPR. But certainly I wouldn't feel like I climbed them if the bike was doing a lot of the work.

Also, damn, I have got to get to the Isle of Skye someday.  Mountain biking combined with a Talisker tour? That sounds killer. 

• Like 3

First thing I have to say is the obligatory comment about the cringe worthy riding on the wet trails. It just makes it harder to educating folks around here. It doesn't matter if their dirt can hold up to that punishment. Ours can't.

Second, if anyone thinks that ebikes are just a fad and are going away, they are delusional. There is obviously a market for people that don't give a hoot about being a purist or getting satisfaction out of a hard climb.

Third, it's just fun to watch somebody having so much fun. His enthusiasm is contagious!

37 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Probably not going to happen. *Most* of the companies providing these bikes are reputable, unlike the hoverboards...

Apple, Samsung and the like are reputable companies also. Batteries were igniting in peoples pockets. The idea of it is pretty scary though. Any battery can become unstable.

On 3/8/2020 at 10:25 AM, The Tip said:

Second, if anyone thinks that ebikes are just a fad and are going away, they are delusional.

I don't think they're going away. They're just going to find their segment and live there. Ebikes are not the new 29er, they're the new fat bike. 

• Like 5

Stop making a straw man! I feel bullied! 

"fizzle out" is subjective. By that, I mean that I don't believe EVERY single company that is making a e-mtb over the next few years is going to continue to make and sell them at the same rate long term. Interest will surge and then level out at some point. (Like fat bikes.) Maybe that's not the same thing as "fizzle out," but you get the idea.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

Did someone imply that e-bikes are going away?

I agree that interest is going to fizzle out somewhat as the product finds it's niche, just like fat bikes. Electric guitars didn't replace acoustic ones either.

The guitar analogy is a good one. I'm sure the purists were appalled when they were first introduced. "That's not REAL guitar playing. It'll never catch on."

26 minutes ago, The Tip said:

The guitar analogy is a good one. I'm sure the purists were appalled when they were first introduced. "That's not REAL guitar playing. It'll never catch on."

My favorite of all the guitars I own.

00P0P_51bi1FWvVcN_1200x900.thumb.jpg.861de1a47188cc394c4658269f3cc9e4.jpg

Very close second.

deluxe-done-2.thumb.jpg.9dded7a44a125d139522772caa22112c.jpg