IGNORED

The first sign of the apocalypse

34 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

it can easily serve to amplify said dickishness.

I'd wager that riders of e-bikes encounter more dickishness on the trail directed at them than they direct towards other. (Just judging by the tone of this and other e-bike discussions)

On 10/16/2021 at 2:10 PM, AustinBike said:

And that is my issue. I see them on Brushy, Walnut and BCGB. I don’t know whether they know or not, but there is a good chance that they know and don’t give an F about rules. Which ultimately threatens access for all of us.

Main trail rules? 

• Like 1

Pedal assist bikes are allowed in all Travis County Parks. They aren’t going away and won’t be the reason areas are shut down. Notices have been posted by the COA on trails down south and it wasn’t because of what type of bike they were riding. Turning off Strava Heat Maps and Flybys will help protect our “access”. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

no doubt, if self-riding bikes that never fall over and clear everything were available, a few people, including able-bodied young people, would buy them. this generation of people who have everything handed to them without even getting a college degree—you know, the boomers—don't believe in hard work and sacrifice toward goals. they want bikes that ride for them!

who are accusing of using gears?

JK

College degrees are handed out like tic-tacs now days. If my kids aren't lazered in on a degree field such as engineering, accounting or medical, I'm not wasting my money and will send them to trade school. Also many Boomer's may have made a decent life for themselves without college degrees, but they were willing to put in 60 hr work weeks, with 2-3 weeks of vacation, live in 1500 sq ft houses and have one family car without complaining. Now days everyone wants full time benefits at 30hrs, 6 weeks of vacation a year, mental health days if they have any stress in their jobs, 3500 sq ft houses, 2 to 3 cars in there family and say it's impossible to achieve the American dream and then blame the past generation for their laziness. Rant over! 

Also to keep up with the thread. I won't ever own an e-bike, but they don't take up any more room on the trail, don't do anymore damage to a trail, and make no more noise than a standard bike so they don't bother me at all. 

Edited by 4fun
  • Like 3

It looks awesome. But $700,000 and only a 40 minute/40 mile range? This isn't the next ebike. Hell, this isn't even the next Segway. I imagine this will go about a far as the Ford Nucleon. 

I suppose I could see a case for it as a commuter, but it just seems too short of a use cycle to use for recreation.