IGNORED

Who is going to the Full Gas on Peddler's Pass 2/15?

WHATS UP EVERYONE! Who is going to the Full Gass on Peddlers Pass 2020 event? 

Time Trial XC Racing - a sweet new type of racing format!

FEBRUARY 15TH!

get signed up at - 

https://www.bikereg.com/full-gas-on-peddlers-pass-winter

last year this was a super fun event, brought you you by EnduraRace - same promoter who brings you Dragon Slayer!

Timing provided by Victory Racing!

905676793_ScreenShot2020-02-04at7_41_38AM.thumb.png.7e90e9b4fdcb19301a843c71ad597caa.pngVictoryRacing_Logo_black_fa.png.70753a3489f6c5d0ee8157976b98bd8c.png

(quote from original post on Facebook) -

So the dirt individual time trial at Peddlers Pass is seeing some interesting additions. Last year we had a tandem class. One tandem showed up and it was bloody (literally) good entertainment. 

This year we added a Clydesdale class for the big and tall sorts who don’t like chasing the horse jockeys. 

We also have added an electric vehicle class that include categories for One Wheels (think single wheel hoverboards/skateboards), EVunicycles, and Ebikes.

Register online or onsite for the same pricing.

Edited by Seths Pool
  • Like 2

I met someone this past Sunday... She's a local BMX champion in her class and came in third in the nationals... Pretty cool. We got to talking about mountain biking and I found out that she's really interested in participating in local mtb races, so I told her about this and sent her the info. She's pretty excited about it. Wants her young son and daughter to ride in it too.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Looks awesome but gonna be in AR for DH.

Rode peddlers pass this past Sunday, first since it was built a couple of years ago. Damn, nicely done out there. The flow is so much better and super fun!

Every time I ride it, it's better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ole creeky knees said:

Any chance this race DOESN’T get postponed now? Rained Sunday, yesterday, today and more tomorrow. Not much sun in the forecast. When would be the next race date?

I would guess it will be a call made on Friday.  HoneyBadger has been hard at work on certain sections as I've seen new drainage trenches in a few areas the past few rides.  I hope it doesn't get postponed. 

Hey, what qualifies a rider to be Cat 2 or Cat 3?  I rarely race and I'm in my mid 40's, but I ride a lot and have a 16:42 PR on PP (10/28/19).  I'm concerned that if I sign up for Cat 3 in this older category, I'll be constantly faced with having to pass someone.  Passing riders on PP is somewhat challenging, so I want to ensure I'm signing up for the right class.  Any suggestions?

Here are the Cat 2 40yo times from  June 2019 when the course was what I'd guess to be about 30 seconds slower. 

Actually, in addition to the new berms, the surface should be much better than the moon-dust that we had last time.  I expect to see some jaw-dropping times laid down...

Unfortunately I'll be out of town 😞

mjraXR8.jpg

5 minutes ago, lachrimae said:

Here are the Cat 2 40yo times from  June 2019 when the course was what I'd guess to be about 30 seconds slower. 

Actually, in addition to the new berms, the surface should be much better than the moon-dust that we had last time.  I expect to see some jaw-dropping times laid down...

Unfortunately I'll be out of town 😞

mjraXR8.jpg

That was a really hot day and the course was a bit loose.  I agree with you this year the times will get smashed.  I think the top rider will get under 13 minutes.

My son has a BB tournament so I cannot attend. 

I was in the old man 50+ class last time and did not have an issue with passing.  During the pre-race meeting they asked that you call out when approaching a slower rider so they can give way.  In every instance but one I had the slower riders pull over before I had a chance to say anything. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Isnt that faster than the non Jrs? Like Cat 2 and up?

This says it all:

2 hours ago, DesertNomad said:

...the fastest lap ever out there at 13:08.

Emphasis added. And yeah, even faster than Joel Carroll. I'll just go ahead and assume that I will not be finishing in front of him in the EB or DS his next time out. 

• Like 1