IGNORED

Gonna make this her best birthday, ever...

TheX

Today is my wife's birthday. We just got her home from another hospital visit last night. After she got done with rehab for the brain injury, she was on different meds for her AFib (bad valve). Three nights ago, I woke up and she was in serious distress. Another call to 911, and they were able to get her stable enough to transport her to Austin North Heart Hospital. Her BP was 68/40 when they got here.

She's back home, and her only child (Christopher) will be here this afternoon. Going to be a great day. We're waiting to see if her old records have a clear picture of her bad valve. If it's a tri-fold valve, it's a simple through the leg procedure to replace it. If it's a bi-fold, then it means rib splitting. Hoping for the tri-fold.

Don't mean to over-share. Just a really happy day. Every day we wake up is a gift.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TheX said:

Today is my wife's birthday. We just got her home from another hospital visit last night. After she got done with rehab for the brain injury, she was on different meds for her AFib (bad valve). Three nights ago, I woke up and she was in serious distress. Another call to 911, and they were able to get her stable enough to transport her to Austin North Heart Hospital. Her BP was 68/40 when they got here.

She's back home, and her only child (Christopher) will be here this afternoon. Going to be a great day. We're waiting to see if her old records have a clear picture of her bad valve. If it's a tri-fold valve, it's a simple through the leg procedure to replace it. If it's a bi-fold, then it means rib splitting. Hoping for the tri-fold.

Don't mean to over-share. Just a really happy day. Every day we wake up is a gift.

My youngest was born with a leaky valve and had to do invasive at 13 to repair it. I can totally relate to what you're going through man.

Birthday vibes headed your way from dirty south austin😎

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

Just now, throet said:

Don't mean to pry, but is the brain injury due to a fall? Also, is the heart condition congenital? I seem to recall that your wife is much younger than you. Sad to hear of all these issues but glad you are able to see the bright side of things.  

She had a fall tripping over uneven sidewalk, walking the dogs. Then another three days later due to low blood pressure (we think). She ended up with 2 fractured ribs, and a slight fracture of L1. The heart issue is something that she has always had but was manageable. It's not manageable any more. She's 66 today, 

37 minutes ago, TheX said:

She had a fall tripping over uneven sidewalk, walking the dogs. Then another three days later due to low blood pressure (we think). She ended up with 2 fractured ribs, and a slight fracture of L1. The heart issue is something that she has always had but was manageable. It's not manageable any more. She's 66 today, 

Best wishes on her recovery. Sounds like you're doing a great job fulfilling your role as a caregiver. I've come to learn how important that is and how much I appreciate my wife for all she does! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATXZJ said:

My youngest was born with a leaky valve and had to do invasive at 13 to repair it. I can totally relate to what you're going through man.

That had to be scary for everyone involved, I can't even imagine going through that with a child.

38 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Heart Hospital is a great place, very solid.

That's where they took me 6 years ago for my heart attack. It really is a great place.