IGNORED

Taos

surfingfaith

Hey guys,

Just getting on to this forum, and spent some time over the hill from Angel Fire this summer in Taos.  Taos was pretty sick.  Trails within an easy drive from town were Horsethief Mesa, Rift Valley, SB (Shuttle over to Angel Fire side, ride back), and East Fork to Lost Lake.

Not totally sure how to insert images in-line yet, photos below are from view NorthEast of Lost Lake, Horsethief, and Aspen Grove on South Boundary.

Taos itself was pretty sweet to grab a airBnB in, and there is a good scene with some local breweries.

fullsizeoutput_4e5d.jpeg

IMG_2355.JPG

fullsizeoutput_4e7d.jpeg

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

Rode a ten-mile loop at Taos Valley Overlook Trails and enjoyed it. Those who can't find the charm in trails that aren't technical can avoid this one. The rest of us can look forward for long gradual descents, great views of a canyon with the Rio Grande at the bottom, and all you would expect from desert riding.

There are two trailheads, one at the end of NM110, and the other further South on NM68, which is where I rode from today.

I've been out there riding ten or fifteen years ago when it was just jeep trails the locals used for picnics and parties. I enjoyed the riding then and now, with REAL(TM) singletrack, I like it even more.

Come get a double-helping in Taos, where you can ride mountains or desert, then retire in the outdoor air conditioned comfort of the town to enjoy libations, food, and lodging if desired. We stayed at the Taos Inn, a great location if traveling with non-riders as it is in the middle of the shopping area and has really nice rooms for good value.

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1