IGNORED

Poly-who???... $1,200 For a New 29er FS...

There is also a 29er version that I think is a little more. I'm thinking that it's the reason for the space in the rear triangle that the fella in the video review referenced... He was reviewing a 27.5 and wondered why it had extra space between the tire and seat post tube. Frame seems to get good review, and the components are solid.

Well, it's about $1418 USD. That's pretty comperably spec'd (level-wise) to my GF Sugar from 2001, which was about $1300. But IMO if you're going to go this cheap, you're better with the $1100 HAL5 from  bikesdirect.com. And you're much better off with the well spec'd $1600 version. Or hell (wrong thread, yeah but) they have a pretty good looking $3500 ebike with good reviews. 

Funny, I had typed the USD price into the comment field yesterday based on only looking at the second link. Then I posed today without looking at your comment. Still, for roughly the same price, I'd go with the HAL5 or HAL6 because of the FSR suspension instead of the faux-bar. While it'll pedal roughly the same with a modern shock, the FSR should in theory have a more active suspension under braking. Both are pretty middling modern geo-wise. I'll also mentioned that bikesdirect.com was super helpful with warranty issues with my fat bike frame--like an 8-day turn around, as I recall. 

• Like 1