IGNORED

RPR Status

throet

The last couple of times I went to RPR (last Dec and today), I've pretty much limited my rides to the Race Loop, Reveille Peak Loop, Upper Loop, and Super D. How are others riding out there these days? I remember @Barry stating last year that parts of the inner loop were still accessible, but if I rode any of that lately it was by accident. Also, what about the enduro lines? Is there a way to incorporate those into longer routes, or do you essentially just ride the jeep roads to get around from one to another? I remember somebody posting this image showing the enduro lines but didn't spend time trying to incorporate them into my ride today, partly because a couple of first-timers were with me and I didn't want to spend too much time scouting things out. 

RPR Enduro Lines edit.png

Edited by throet

You have to try real hard to ride the Inner Loop. It isn't happening by accident. I know a good line through, but it still starts, ends, and middles messy. I moved to town after the bulldozer carnage. But I loved the Peak Loop and the Outer Loop so much, that I used GPS to force my way through the Inner Loop,  which is more of the same. 

The ends of both Flow Trail and Jaws can pretty quickly conneced into either Beginner Loop or Race Loop with just a very short gravel road ride. 

Here is a link to a ride where I did most everything. https://www.strava.com/activities/1380672953

And here's a relatively recent ride where I did everything but Epic. https://www.strava.com/activities/1612861663

Regarding Epic, it was the case that you used Tee Pee Trail to get to the bottom. But now TP is fenced and locked. So I'm not sure how you're supposed to manage it now.

Edited by Barry
to change stuff
  • Thanks 1

Rode out there a few weeks ago and we couldn't really find a good way to link all the enduro lines into a cohesive ride.  The enduro map screenshots we had were a bit confusing until we realized that they were just using parts of existing trails and renaming them for the enduro race.  We ended up sessioning Flow Track and Jaws a few times and just riding jeep trail to get back to the top.  The rest of the time was spent getting over to Decision Point via some confusing tangle of trails and then coming down Super D.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I had a question about RPR I could not answer so I'm asking for your help. I have not been to RPR since the bulldozer carnage.

The question is from a lady who does not mtb much - "what are the best intermediate trails at Reveille? Are they well marked? I don’t want to walk if I can help it?"

Can anybody answer this question for her?

It's so fragmented and difficult to link things together that I think someone like the lady you mentioned might get frustrated.  Sure, there are plenty of trails (or at least sections of trails) I'd call intermediated, but finding them and riding them in a cohesive manner is going to be difficult.  I have really enjoyed riding out there recently, but I'm mainly just hitting the enduro lines, which I doubt is what she's looking for.

If she could stay on the beginner loop, that's probably closest to what she's looking for...

While digging up for the easier XTERRA loop, I found this...6 years ago this weekend, the most brutal event I've ever participated in (harder than Dragonslayer).  Dig through the photos.

I'm downloading my RPR 4 hour race file so I can turn into a Garmin friendly file to share it.  This was the easy loop with some extra miles on the jeep road.  I'm not sure if this is still navigable today, but based on my last trip to RPR, I think it will be.  The hard part is it looks different, but I think the routes are still all there.