IGNORED

Walnut Creek cleanup

The pump track has some broken plastic lawn chairs that I recently gathered up and need to be thrown away. Someone also brought out 4 office chairs that shouldn’t be there. (This is a PARK!) And an old rug. I know BMX trails culture uses carpets to keep moisture in jumps, but not appropriate here.  I was planning on getting rid of that stuff this week, so if your office thing is not this weekend, then it’ll already be gone....

There are also old barbed wire fences in several places around the park. Y’all could tackle that. Although if you do, and you’re going to want to use tools, then lemme know so I can give a heads up to the Park. We may need to coordinate.

—Cullen

Austin Ridge Riders, Walnut Creek Trail Steward

Edited by cmc4130

Balcones Park to mopac is covered. If we get done in the park we will try to get to hit the mopac stretch, but I'm not optimistic.  That area needs it's own it's my park day.  There is probably a ton of trash, some from people throwing their crap from mopac and the rest from nearby "camping grounds".

8 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I can publicize the event if you want to try to get more volunteers.

This will be specifically for my office. Additional outside volunteers probably would be an insurance nightmare. I tried to do this a year ago and the lawyers gave me a hard "no," so I am surprised we are doing it at all. We'll probably be forced to wear hi-vis hazmat suits if our legal Dept has anything to say about it.