IGNORED

Socratic Method...

RidingAgain

Except you're doing it wrong and you've provided proof that you are doing it wrong. See step one of the link you provided under the subject heading "Method": 

1. Socrates' interlocutor asserts a thesis, for example "Courage is endurance of the soul", which Socrates considers false and targets for refutation.

Socratic Method:

I have "X" opinion on this subject matter and I am curious as to your opinion on the matter so we can openly discuss the matter.
https://pedalinginnovations.com/pain-relief

RA Method:

For $99 that is... Or so they say...

https://pedalinginnovations.com/pain-relief

You're method is the internet equivalent of dropping a pop-up book into the middle of a daycare and observing what happens from a distance and then being mad at people who ask you to interact. 

I don't mind you kicking off topics, I'm happy to participate but I 100% see why others are frustrated at you. 

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2018 at 11:51 AM, RedRider3141 said:

Except you're doing it wrong and you've provided proof that you are doing it wrong. See step one of the link you provided under the subject heading "Method": 

1. Socrates' interlocutor asserts a thesis, for example "Courage is endurance of the soul", which Socrates considers false and targets for refutation.

Socratic Method:

RA Method:

You're method is the internet equivalent of dropping a pop-up book into the middle of a daycare and observing what happens from a distance and then being mad at people who ask you to interact. 

I don't mind you kicking off topics, I'm happy to participate but I 100% see why others are frustrated at you. 

Whoa...

LOL...

And now we get to discuss Socrates and his method.

I'm good with that.

So...

"Socrates' interlocutator asserts a thesis, for example "Courage is endurance of the soul", which Socrates considers false and targets for refutation."

Okay.

In an article I present is an "interlocutor" presenting a thesis... Bigger pedals help alleviate health problems when riding certain bicycles in certain types of riding activities.

Am I incorrect in this?

The "...step one..." sentence then goes on to say... "...which Socrates considers false and targets for refutation."

Okay... Was there not a lot of "...refutation..." being presented in the discussion that ensued?

Sure there was.

And how did this take place... By looking at/discussing related matters (step two).

From which reasonings against the  "interlocutor" presenting the thesis in the article I provided a link to "...imply the contrary of the original thesis; in this case, it leads to:..."  bigger pedals not helping alleviate health problems when riding certain bicycles in certain types of riding activities.

Which was step three.

And meeting step four's requirement... Those who participated in the discussion supporting the above refutation, are able to claim "...that (they have) shown that (their) interlocutor's thesis is false and that its negation is true."

See how that works.

Now...

About this...

"...You're method is the internet equivalent of dropping a pop-up book into the middle of a daycare and observing what happens from a distance and then being mad at people who ask you to interact."

Thankfully... On my part... I don't view folks on this website as "...day-care..." level adults.

Now a few often come across like they are... But most don't.

And I'm more than willing to abide those few to receive the benefit of the majority.

And as for being "...mad at people who ask you to interact..."...

I'm not "...mad (angry prehaps a better word) at people who ask you to interact..."...

Just often surprised by their meaningless, and sometimes dishonest, speaking.

Much like your own speaking I just quoted above.

And finally...

On this...

"...I don't mind you kicking off topics, I'm happy to participate but I 100% see why others are frustrated at you."

I certainly appreciate you not minding my kicking off topics... Very thoughtful/considerate of you.

And your participating too.

But perhaps these "...others..." should keep in mind that this is just an online forum website... And relax.

Like I do.

Edited by RidingAgain