IGNORED

Heads up on SMOKING good deals on box components

ATXZJ

3 hours ago, olddbrider said:

You think the fact that they are selling this stuff so cheap signals that they aren't going to carry it any more?

tough to say but at that price dunno if any of it matters. My buddy bought the 11-50 kit to replace his M9000 XTR and took a trip to moab this weekend.  said he couldn't tell the difference in shifting. It also survived him, which says a lot for box.

• Like 1

Seth's Bike Hacks is/ was sponsored with Box. He made some pretty good review videos of their drivetrain components. the reviews are not all rosy.
unless something is happening to Box, that's a great deal.
He also dropped them very recently

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mack_turtle said:

interesting. I have no stake in this, but I am interested in seeing if a bunch of other companies drop prices on Box components, or if it's just this retailer.

some retailers like velomine, jenson , blueskycycling and what used to be bikewagon & pricepoint would buy NOS parts/bikes for pennies on the dollar and sell them at a deep discount. I've gotten 50% off frames at jenson this way.  Wouldn't surprise me if this stuff from box is the same.

For the money they're asking, i wouldn't really care what happens to box. Lastly, Ive owned a set of their carbon bars and never had an issue.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kruzie96 said:

I just picked up the 11-50 and installed it on a new  Nukeproof Neutron wheel     

Torqued it to 40Nm, but there was still more play than I felt comfortable with. I'm thinking I need a (1mm?) spacer. Does that seem right? Anything I should watch out for?

TIA

Road and MTB free hub spacing is different. Road cassette is too wide for MTB free hubs. You may be trying to mount an MTB cassette to a road free hub. Hope free hubs require a 1mm spacer for certain Shimano cassettes. I have a few 1mm spacers if you need one. 

• 1 month later...