IGNORED

COVID-19...Preparation, or hysteria?

TheX

I was wrong earlier about it being symptom based.  The chart says lab-confirmed, so the uptick could be from just more testing.  I wish they would also publish % testing for each day.

Still, the 05 zip code has the most cases and that's west and north campus:

image.thumb.png.c76915e2708ad6e1607b1e6ffa93b9fa.png

4 hours ago, RidingAgain said:

this is the other thing we all have to watch. glad to hear Snowden has a wide audience, but I don't think it will be enough. again, Naomi Klein detailed how this works thoroughly in The Shock Doctrine, which she has available to download as an e-book really cheap right now.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I was wrong earlier about it being symptom based.  The chart says lab-confirmed, so the uptick could be from just more testing.  I wish they would also publish % testing for each day.

Still, the 05 zip code has the most cases and that's west and north campus:

image.thumb.png.c76915e2708ad6e1607b1e6ffa93b9fa.png

05 touches us and includes both the medical area (38th & Lamar) and Central market, we are pretty close to campus 😞

Edited by AustinBike

are people "hoarding" toilet paper? or are they just expecting to poop at home more because they can't poop at their office anymore? myth busted?

https://marker.medium.com/what-everyones-getting-wrong-about-the-toilet-paper-shortage-c812e1358fe0

The same phenomenon is affecting all sorts of supply chains. chew on that for a minute.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

are people "hoarding" toilet paper? or are they just expecting to poop at home more because they can't poop at their office anymore? myth busted?

https://marker.medium.com/what-everyones-getting-wrong-about-the-toilet-paper-shortage-c812e1358fe0

The same phenomenon is affecting all sorts of supply chains. chew on that for a minute.

quote:  "Talk to anyone in the industry, and they’ll tell you the toilet paper made for the commercial market is a fundamentally different product from the toilet paper you buy in the store. It comes in huge rolls, too big to fit on most home dispensers. The paper itself is thinner and more utilitarian."

No shit! (Pun intended).

I call it the John Wayne of toilet papers:  It's rough, tough, and it takes no shit.   (not my idea, I heard this years ago and I think it's extremely appropriate.)

I avoid going #2 at work at all costs.

• Like 1

I poop several times a day. no meat = plenty of movement. work poop is inevitable. unfortunately, the bathrooms at my office are way too small for the number of people there. two toilets per floor, five floors, hundreds of people on each floor. it's idiotic. sometimes I need to go and, right at 10 a.m. when everyone else's coffee enema is taking affect, all the toilets are occupied. I check the one on my floor: a pair of shoes is visible under each door. run down the stairs to the ground floor, same thing. run back up two flights of stairs to the third floor, two more poopers. it's a good work out to bet my heart rate up in the middle of the morning, at least.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

I poop several times a day. no meat = plenty of movement. work poop is inevitable. unfortunately, the bathrooms at my office are way too small for the number of people there. two toilets per floor, five floors, hundreds of people on each floor. it's idiotic. sometimes I need to go and, right at 10 a.m. when everyone else's coffee enema is taking affect, all the toilets are occupied. I check the one on my floor: a pair of shoes is visible under each door. run down the stairs to the ground floor, same thing. run back up two flights of stairs to the third floor, two more poopers. it's a good work out to bet my heart rate up in the middle of the morning, at least.

Please file your complaint with HR.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, notyal said:

Please file your complaint with HR.

Make sure you attach a little black bag to the complaint with evidence of the problem.  Tell them that you'll just leave it in the hallway since you know someone else will come by and pick it up.

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Did y'all start drinking early?

I am weird, in order to stave off things like Alzheimer's and whatnot I've changed my life. One of the big things is fasting, which means 2 meals a day. One at ~10am and one ~4PM. So, happy hour is always about 2 or 3 every day. Every day.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

Wine day for us.

Final episode of Babylon Berlin!

How was it?  That show was on my list but I took it off.

I had a conf call kinda late then our now weekly webex happy hour with a Devil’s Backbone for me.  Then it transitioned to wine and cheese while watching Ozark.

Edited by AntonioGG

I've been using these blue paper towels for years and know how well they hold up even when cleaning wet stuff. I figured this was because of how well made (tight fiber knit) they are, so I've been taping cut pieces onto the inside of a regular bandana mask that I wear when I go into crowded spaces. 

I just saw this today, so I guess I've been a little ahead of the curve. Sorry for not mentioning it before folks.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/using-blue-shop-towels-homemade-221911287.html

• Albert locked this topic