IGNORED

COVID-19...Preparation, or hysteria?

TheX

1 hour ago, throet said:

From a very reliable source, ERs in at least one Texas metro area are getting slammed with COVID-19. Patients who would normally get admitted are being given home oxygen and discharged with instructions to see their PCP because appropriately staffed hospital beds are filling up fast. This is not a good scenario. For what it's worth, my source is a staunch republican. Seems the only folks spewing BS are those dumb enough to be influenced by conspiracy propaganda. While that shit works well for herding the sheep on FB, thankfully folks here appear impervious to the nonsense.  

Yeah, I was just reading this:

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/14/texas-hospitals-coronavirus/

The situation does not look good for Texas, ok for Austin for now, but the window is closing.

Yeah, we have epidemiologists and people that specialize in disease and I am supposed to listen to a guy with a neck tattoo?

Um, that guy is a PHD, not an MD, and I cannot find any reference in what his doctorate is in. It certainly is not math because he does not understand how ratios work.

When cases go up faster than deaths, which are a lagging indicator, rates go down.

But, great call, because texas hit ANOTHER record in total deaths. Maybe all of those deaths will free up some ER space.

• Like 1

Maybe the arm bands should have different symbols on them to indicate what kind of risk we each have. like triangles of different colors. yeah, that's a good idea.

bald, inked clown. Let's see what Doctor Oz has to say. I'll start following Dr. Phill next.

• Haha 1

Real doctor taking a deep dive into vitamin D and it's benefits to our health, particularly with viral infections. Been doing 4k iu doses daily for the past 3 months along with daily exposure to the sun. FTW.

• Like 1

Um, that is pretty misleading.

they had batched all cases together, instead of breaking them out as “confirmed” and “probable”. 

Now they are breaking them out.

Probable still means probable. 

Texas hit its death record today at 110.

Stop trying to make this something it is not. This shit is serious, don’t trivialize it. And for gods sake don’t get you panties in a bundle about classification because you classify emergency rooms as ICU rooms.

Edited by AustinBike

What's ironic is that @TheX actually started this thread himself, with good intentions. I've not seen any meaningful posts from him since he's returned from an apparent hiatus; so the only conclusion I can draw is that he was kidnapped and implanted with spambot firmware to disseminate misinformation. Has anybody checked Mojo lately? Wondering if he's spewing BS over there as well, albeit to an audience of one.  

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, throet said:

What's ironic is that @TheX actually started this thread himself, with good intentions. I've not seen any meaningful posts from him since he's returned from an apparent hiatus; so the only conclusion I can draw is that he was kidnapped and implanted with spambot firmware to disseminate misinformation. Has anybody checked Mojo lately? Wondering if he's spewing BS over there as well, albeit to an audience of one.  

I wasn't calling "...wolf...".

Edited by RidingAgain

25 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

why do you keep posting that clown's videos? he has no relevance. are you trolling or do you think that if you bombard us with that nonsense long enough, it will suddenly become relevant?

I've removed them, and will be monitoring this thread for other stupid garbage that's posted. Please report anything you see that's clearly bullshit.  Also, probably not the best idea to get COVID-19 advice from a mountain biking forum.

..Al

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Also, probably not the best idea to get COVID-19 advice from a mountain biking forum.

..Al

Haha! True. Especially when some of the mountain biking advice on the mountain biking forum is also questionable...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Albert locked this topic