IGNORED

No coronavirus outside

crazyt

1 hour ago, ATXZJ said:

and then theres texas

You first shitdick and take all of your ilk with you. What a twat

He can start saving the economy by stuffing some steel in his mouth on public television. When, not if this gets into the capitol he's gonna be first in line for testing and treatment. F%CK HIM!!!!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chief said:

He can start saving the economy by stuffing some steel in his mouth on public television. When, not if this gets into the capitol he's gonna be first in line for testing and treatment. F%CK HIM!!!!!

he doesn't have half the balls Budd did.

hey man, nice shot.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Not necessarily but I bristle when people say "jerry rigged" because that is derogatory in my mind. When I grew up in Chicago there were a lot of n----- jokes and pollock jokes. All the time. But not any more. Times have changed. Let's acknowledge and move on.

The real issue is that suddenly calling this "the china flu" (or other variants) is all about placing blame. And Chinese people here in the US are getting beat up and harassed because of it.

Maybe if we all just try not to do things that make us dicks we'll be better off. Just call it what it is, corona virus or COVID. The only reason to start calling it something different is because you have an axe to grind. Let's be better than that. This is not a time for whataboutism, it's just a time for the country to come together to help beat this thing and calling too the china flu is not bringing us together, it is breaking us apart. 

You learn something new everyday. I had no idea the term “Jerry rigged” was a pollack reference. I personally prefer the term “Aggie Engineering”

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

All above can be substituted with the phrase "shit rigged" or "shit rigging".

easy as pie🤐

16 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

Oh man, you just triggered some folks!

I actually only use that phrase when In the presence of my very egotistical brother in law who happens to have an engineering degree from A&M. 

6 minutes ago, 4fun said:

I actually only use that phrase when In the presence of my very egotistical brother in law who happens to have an engineering degree from A&M. 

Doesn't everyone have one of those? Geez, why can't those aggies just marry their own kind?

4 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

I know we should always ride to the ride, but - hypothetically speaking - do we think that throwing the bike on the back of the car to get to and from a trail is covered by the term "biking" in the shelter in place proclamation?

Unclear. Here is the section on Travel. Biking falls under Outdoor Activity, and Essential Activities as defined below. It looks to me like you can drive to the trail. But more clarification is needed, I think. 

image.png.9bddd94fd46c6ba6bdc2e3f1535d4d30.png

12 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

I know we should always ride to the ride, but - hypothetically speaking - do we think that throwing the bike on the back of the car to get to and from a trail is covered by the term "biking" in the shelter in place proclamation?

I’ve only skimmed the Austin Order, but i believe it classifies Outdoor Activity as an Essential Activity and classifies travel for/to Essential Activity as Essential Travel so... yes?

Edited by Dan
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, throet said:

Would this qualify?

I personally don't use that term in that picture.  I had in the past, but once you get the big picture, I prefer to steer away from it.

I've been called a b*#%@!, wb, and s*%c and I can tel you it's all about context and intent.  

For the record, I know nobody in this thread meant any of this stuff to be offensive on purpose.  I just think there's a better way to express oneself.  

Some people do not get it and maybe they never will and I've stopped being frustrated by it.  Some things take generations to correct.  

Kudos to you guys with teenagers listening to them.  

On that note, we should change the subject on this thread on how to deal with entertaining and educating kids while working from home.  We relented and got an xbox, and it's a reward for doing chores, exercise, and doing learning stuff like math worksheets, Khan Academy, and streaming documentaries about history and science.  I have even signed my oldest for Cisco Net Academy.

• Like 1

topic change!

What are you doing to keep yourself, kids, pets, etc sane now that you can't go out?

I am working from my laptop, maintaining my regular routine — wake up at 6 a.m., fart around, start work at 7:30, finish at 4, do something "active" at home, watch TV with the missus — minus the horrible commute. I've been going on walks in the evening with my wife where we see a lot of neighbors out doing the same. might go for a solo ride tonight. using the "spare time" that I suddenly have to keep the house clean and that's about it.

• Like 2

Wife and I have been home for almost two weeks. She works for the state and once they sent her home, I just followed suit. All of her work is being conducted through zoom and she follows her normal work schedule, taking breaks for 30-45 minute walks together. I clean, tinker around the house and talk shit on AMB until her work is done. We just set the bikes up for sidewalk/road duty and we're getting some rides in around the neighborhood. No trails.

As far as school goes, some districts have some items and best practices on their websites. My oldest is home from texas tech and is doing everything online for the foreseeable future.

P.S. The dog has never been happier.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

On 3/23/2020 at 2:18 PM, AustinBike said:

I am going to call BS on this statement. 200,000 people infected worldwide, 10’s of thousands of deaths. The smartest people in science, medicine and government are working on this 24-7 and actually the answer is so simple that a guy on a mountain bike forum has an easy answer. Nope.

Now, I know you have a medical background and know way more about it than me, but statements like this are a big part of the problem. It literally cannot be this easy. It just can’t. 

It is not an easy answer because you could never get everyone to wear an n95 everytime they went out. 

19 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I can't answer any of your questions.

I can only say it's not about being offended, it's about real problems for people of Asian descent because to an ignorant fool, it doesn't matter whether you merely want to stubbornly call it by where it originated from--even though it has a technical name now (SARS-cov-2 for the virus, COVID-19 for the disease it causes).  By continuing to call it "Chinese" virus you are propagating the ignorance, even though you may know what it means and you may mean no harm by it.

I'll add one more more thing about an earlier post, if you have to say "I'm not racist" or "my best friend is a...[fill in the blank]" (latter one nobody here said but I thought of it while reading the former) you may want to consider what other people are saying instead of lashing out and calling them whatever term you chose for trying to indicate weakness.

Look up unconscious bias.  Yeah yeah...Lest y'all roll your eyes and think this is just about "poosays" being offended, then I can tell you that for me, it taught me to keep an open mind about others' opinions and feelings.  As a cyclist, I had an unconscious bias about certain drivers with goatees that smoked cigarettes.  Also before that, I had all sorts of biases having lived in Dallas too long (seems to be very homogeneous) until I moved to Austin.  I have friends that were vegetarian dove hunters (they feed them to other people of course), saw country types and hippie types sharing a joint at a Willie Nelson concert, and one of you here is a vegan gun enthusiast.

Nobody here is going to fix this mess unless you're in public health or working toward a vaccine or cure.   Take a step back from the keyboard.

If you want to feel like you're helping and you like puzzles, go play this protein folding game (I started yesterday):

https://fold.it

As an asian, I want to assure you I dont need SJW to protect me from dumbasses. People will hate on you for being fat, thin, too tall, too short, being a roadie or whatever.  The calls that this is racism just show how much even science is influenced by the politics of the left.

When white people think they need to come to my rescue because I am asian, that is racist. I can take care of myself.

The virus should have been called the wuhan virus as that is where it originated and what it was originally called.

Chinese are some of the most racist people in the world.

Edited by crazyt
  • Like 2

On 3/23/2020 at 2:18 PM, AustinBike said:

I am going to call BS on this statement. 200,000 people infected worldwide, 10’s of thousands of deaths. The smartest people in science, medicine and government are working on this 24-7 and actually the answer is so simple that a guy on a mountain bike forum has an easy answer. Nope.

Now, I know you have a medical background and know way more about it than me, but statements like this are a big part of the problem. It literally cannot be this easy. It just can’t. 

This is correct! But not simple, it would take 365 million x 28  N95 masks to achieve this, + distribution to every member of this country, + no one entering the country period.