IGNORED

No coronavirus outside

crazyt

https://www.amazon.com/Wolfbike-Anti-Pollution-Cycling-Mouth-Muffle-Sports/dp/B00HBMJ858

Also HEPA filters filter 99.7% of particles down to .3 microns, where N95 only filters 95%. If you buy HEPA air filters and sew a mask with a slide in pocket, you might be making a mask that is better than an N95 (though you probably will struggle to get the seal right). The only issue is that they have glass fibers that you could be inhaling

Edited by crazyt

11 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

Keep in mind if you do need help out there for some reason you better be prepared to handle the scrutiny that will come with it.

“Wait...the parks were closed and some mountain biker thought they could go ride around the lake anyway? Who do they think they are? “

Make your own call but this is one weekend where I’m choosing to not ride a trail in a closed park. It doesn’t pass my “how would this look on the news?” test. Same reason I never went on that middle of the week cruise and left my teenagers at home alone no matter how cheap the ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not just "some mountain biker" I'm talking ME man. That shit is closed for Easter parties. Prob could do a Dragonslayer and remain isolated. I mean it's Georgetown. No one even rides it it's so tecky. But yeah lets all pass each other on the streets. What about driving on 35 with the windows cracked? Is that cootie central also? What if a trucker just coughed out his window a mile ahead of me? Also there is sometimes sarcasm in my posts.

7 hours ago, RidingAgain said:

You should go out and picket it. Seriously... Take action for the greater public cause. But I'm thinking that not many will love you for it. Some may even be offended by you for doing it. Others may blacklist you too; and even attack you — verbally and physically. It's not easy putting yourself out there in support of the kind of social responsibility many prefer to ignore.

This sounds like a perfect job for you. Think of all the martyr points you'll get!

On 4/11/2020 at 10:51 AM, ATXZJ said:

Why create direct conflict by picketing people who are too stupid follow rules?  Take that energy directly to the officials who are paid by us to run our cities. After coronageddon, I think people are going to be a little less patient with the continued status quo from our "leaders".  In a position of leadership you're either competent , complicit or negligent. We can't take the boot off of them long enough to make excuses.

Why picket? Every little bit helps.

As for politicians... As human history proves... Most are more than competent at gaslighting the folks they claim to serve.

Edited by RidingAgain
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

We've been playing GWD for about a decade and now have now switched to the virtual coronagame. Pretty fun with zoom, booze and a few friends. 

https://www.geekswhodrink.com/

This has been a favorite past time of mine with some friends for years. We always fail miserably but it's an excuse to shout at friends at Pinthouse for a few hours and wrack our brains. Missing though friends right now, so I'll have to round them up and try this.

On another note, we had not seen our niece and nephew in weeks because of the "lockdown" or whatever we're calling it, even though they live just five miles away. We realized there's nothing stopping us from hanging out if we're smart about it. the weather was so perfect yesterday that we brought our picnic snacks to their yard and just sat there for hours snacking and swapping stories about life in these strange times. no touching, no sharing food, just shooting the breeze in the yard for a few hours. it almost felt normal. nothing is stopping the rest of us from doing the same.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 2

I read an exciting article yesterday about mucous!   Anyway, the article touched on the concept of super spreaders, with  80% of viral infection caused by only about 20% of infected people, who apparently are inadvertently generous about emitting more virus particles than your average infected person. 

Utah Researchers Examining Mucous to Pave Way for Corona Virus Treatment

1 hour ago, RedRider3141 said:

On a scale of 1-10 how thick does my tin foil hat need to be to watch this?

On a side note: My favorite conspiracy theory is that there are several made up conspiracy theories to make the real ones look loony. 

That's up to you to decide.

But hey... Lots of folks tend to judge before actually having the info.

Even I was guilty of that with the snake business.

9 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Roughly 10,718, but I might be rounding up.

Actually...

Not so much...

At least... If facts are of interest to you.

But then... I know... You write millions of white papers.

Here's something on a matter you'll find spoken about in the video...

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-03-24/can-china-be-sued-over-the-coronavirus

And this...

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41423-020-0400-4

And this...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/26/coronavirus-link-to-china-biowarfare-program-possi/

Edited by RidingAgain

4 hours ago, rockshins said:

Not sure if this has been shared, but it’s a MTB perspective on this virus. Interesting he says he might have picked up the bug at the Sedona MTB fest

https://mbaction.com/longtime-mba-test-rider-battles-covid-19/amp/

"I was alternating between very high fever and chills like I’ve never experienced before. I’m talking about being-under-thick- blankets-for-a-couple-hours-before-I-stopped-shivering kind of chills. This was also accompanied by aches all the way to my bones. It sounds odd, but my bones and joints hurt. I also had moderate itching on my back and chest, which was very odd, and of course, lots of gross stuff coming up whenever I would cough. So, on that fifth day, I knew this was not influenza."

Moe I think is confusing a common cold (different types of virus but not the flu virus or SARS-CoV2 virus) with the flu.  Real flu gives you all those symptoms with the coughing up gross stuff as part of a secondary infection.  The itchy back and chest not sure what that's about.  COVID is supposed to have a dry cough.

You only need to get one bad case of the flu before you stop putting off doing a flu vaccine.  I used to be very casual about getting the vaccine until I got the flu bad one time.

Edited by AntonioGG
  • Like 1

OK, before everyone starts getting all worked up about the latest guidance from City of Austin regarding a face covering, here is some clarification relative to outside activities.

In the written order, they specifically say that face coverings should be worn if you are in public and you CANNOT maintain a 6 foot separation with others. It does not say that you need to wear one when biking, running or exercising outside.

Mayor Adler also posted a video address last night on Facebook. At roughly the 10 minute mark he clarifies it further stating that you do NOT need to wear a face covering when you are exercising IF you are able to maintain your distance.

I know in my neighborhood there are a lot of people going off the deep end demanding masks everywhere at all times. Clearly, it is not a bad thing to go above and beyond and wear a mask if it makes you feel more comfortable, but in terms of mandating masks on people who are running or biking, the city is taking a stance that this is not required at this point. 

Be safe.

• Thanks 1