IGNORED

No coronavirus outside

crazyt

From the WIKI for Epoch Times: "The Epoch Times is a multi-language newspaper. It was founded in 2000 by John Tang and a group of Chinese Americans associated with the Falun Gong spiritual movement. Though the newspaper is known for general interest topics with a focus on news about China and its human rights issues, it has become known for its support of  U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign...The group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda."

Lots more at the link. Falun Gong is a whole 'nother rabbit hole, as is European far-right populism/nationalism. 

Edited by June Bug

29 minutes ago, June Bug said:

From the WIKI for Epoch Times: "The Epoch Times is a multi-language newspaper. It was founded in 2000 by John Tang and a group of Chinese Americans associated with the Falun Gong spiritual movement. Though the newspaper is known for general interest topics with a focus on news about China and its human rights issues, it has become known for its support of  U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign...The group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda."

Lots more at the link. Falun Gong is a whole 'nother rabbit hole, as it European far-right populism/nationalism. 

I'm not saying you're wrong. But, using wiki to prove something? Really?

I didn't find the Wiki page about ET, but several other sources that all conveyed the same concerns. The info on the "about us" page set up a ton of red flags for me. it was obvious to me that it's a front for far-right extremist groups just based on a cursory look look at the language in their reporting.

• Like 1

For me, an interesting point that was spoken to, and was sort of the linch pin of the whole video presentation, was on the matter of the "S" protein... Which is, according to the presentation, the key that allows the virus to invade a human cell. This "S" protein (and stuff related to it), it is being said in the video, is not a natural occurrence for the virus, and so must be related to a medical process (I'm putting in in very simple terms). So the question is being asked... How did this take place.

Additionally... Another point that was interesting to me was that of why the Chinese government tried to cover it up... And is still trying to do so.

Is there a relationship between this "S" protein being found in the virus and the cover up?

Edited by RidingAgain

11 minutes ago, June Bug said:

It's linked in my post.  Also, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck   *applies Occam's Razor*   it's a duck! 

yeah, I see that. what I meant was, I researched ET a few weeks ago and came to my own conclusions with out even touching the wiki page, which is understandably not the best source. it's sometimes a good place to start. I don't think anything you quoted there is debatable.

29 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

Which is, according to the presentation, the key that allows the virus to invade a human cell. This "S" protein (and stuff related to it), it is being said in the video, is not a natural occurrence for the virus, and so must be related to a medical process (I'm putting in in very simple terms). So the question is being asked... How did this take place.

See, this is how conspiracy theories get their start.  When you visit actual science web sites, with articles and posts by real scientists doing real, peer reviewed science, you know that studies by real scientists have been done that show the virus has a natural origin.  Here's a link to an article on ScienceDaily.com, which is an amazing web site that serves as an aggregator for all types of science articles from peer reviewed journals. 

COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic has a natural origin

Source:  Scripps Research Institute

Summary: An analysis of public genome sequence data from SARS-CoV-2 and related viruses found no evidence that the virus was made in a laboratory or otherwise engineered. 

The findings were published in the journal Nature Medicine on March 17, 2020, nearly a month ago

Figuring out the basic aspects of the virus, including the genome, was addressed very early on. 

I can't believe I've been sucked into this.  I need to work on my will, medical powers of attorney and end of life directives, just in case. 

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, June Bug said:

See, this is how conspiracy theories get their start.  When you visit actual science web sites, with articles and posts by real scientists doing real, peer reviewed science, you know that studies by real scientists have been done that show the virus has a natural origin.  Here's a link to an article on ScienceDaily.com, which is an amazing web site that serves as an aggregator for all types of science articles from peer reviewed journals. 

COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic has a natural origin

Source:  Scripps Research Institute

Summary: An analysis of public genome sequence data from SARS-CoV-2 and related viruses found no evidence that the virus was made in a laboratory or otherwise engineered. 

The findings were published in the journal Nature Medicine on March 17, 2020, nearly a month ago

Figuring out the basic aspects of the virus, including the genome, was addressed very early on. 

I can't believe I've been sucked into this.  I need to work on my will, medical powers of attorney and end of life directives, just in case. 

Yeh... Maybe you need to read what I wrote again...

I said nothing of the virus not having a natural origin.

And the folks in the video were real doctors.

Did you watch the video?

Here you go...

"This "S" protein (and stuff related to it), it is being said in the video, is not a natural occurrence for the virus, and so must be related to a medical process (I'm putting in in very simple terms)."

It's the "S" protein that is being questioned... Not the virus being natural.

Edited by RidingAgain

I wanted to point out that quoting posts that you disagree with and want to disavow completely negates the 'ignore' function that so many of us have chosen to take advantage of.  Please....please...PLEASE, take half a second before you bite the bait and respond to an argument that no one will win.  Ask "...what am I trying to accomplish here?"  If the answer is that you want to change the mind of the person you're arguing with, just message them privately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

I wanted to point out that quoting posts that you disagree with and want to disavow completely negates the 'ignore' function that so many of us have chosen to take advantage of.  Please....please...PLEASE, take half a second before you bite the bait and respond to an argument that no one will win.  Ask "...what am I trying to accomplish here?"  If the answer is that you want to change the mind of the person you're arguing with, just message them privately.

Indeed - now that this thread has been infected by our very own 'virus', I may have to hit the ignore button on it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, June Bug said:

When you visit actual science web sites, with articles and posts by real scientists doing real, peer reviewed science, you know that studies by real scientists have been done that show the virus has a natural origin. 

"Peer reviewer science" is EXACTLY what the Deep State, the reptile people, and George Soros and his cabal of Jews at NPR and the Southern Poverty Lawless Center want you to think by pulling the strings of the Lame Stream Media!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The ones, such as Tree Magnet and TAF, who hope that most here are weak minded enough to be manipulated into buying into their suggestions of ignore, aside. 

Whether you like or don’t like Epoch Times... Is not what I posted the video for.

What interested me was the presentation of how a virus can be manipulated and turned into a biological weapon.

This is something that I’d never considered and what I thought interesting enough to post here on a discussion board about the virus.

Unfortunately, instead of discussing what the presentation spoke about, some folk, a very small number of the 400+ members of this forum, thought it better to attack the publisher rather than the substance of the presentation.

Honestly, I don’t give two hoots about your opinions of Epoch Times.

But if you have something to comment regarding the weaponizing of a virus, please, lets here what you have to say.

Maybe some here don’t think a virus can be manipulated to do more harm to humans than it can without manipulation.

Edited by RidingAgain

10 minutes ago, June Bug said:

Had forgotten.  Hitting the ignore button now.  If you disagree with me, I encourage you to do the same. 

And here is a perfect example of wrong and strong... June Bug makes a false accusation, is exposed, but runs off without correcting it.

This is how false information is spread.

32 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

"Peer reviewer science" is EXACTLY what the Deep State, the reptile people, and George Soros and his cabal of Jews at NPR and the Southern Poverty Lawless Center want you to think by pulling the strings of the Lame Stream Media!

Now you’re making sense!! Lol!!

37 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

And here is a perfect example of wrong and strong... June Bug makes a false accusation, is exposed, but runs off without correcting it.

This is how false information is spread.

June Bug is all about fake news. Check yourself. 

onanotherfuckingsubject

Wife was not pleased with road rides on aggressive MTB tires so we swapped out to some touring tires for the coronarides. BTW i feel compelled to share "thickslick" was my stage name back in the 90s.

Dark days

🤣

IMG_20200414_191337408.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1