IGNORED

No coronavirus outside

crazyt

Yeah, TX is gonna try to run early to start opening, so my recommendation is hang on a little while longer. Take a look at Japan. They called off things too early and they are seeing a spike now. Europe will be another good indicator of what happens after things start to open up slowly. Most importantly watch the US numbers; a lot of the "flattening out" that we are starting to see might make a turn based on Easter.

1343245371_ScreenShot2020-04-18at7_08_32AM.thumb.jpg.8d59048588f79903aa78ac7e98c07054.jpg

Looks like we were starting to flatten out a bit and now we are creeping back up. Think back to how many of those news stories showed people out on Easter...

Edited by AustinBike
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Yeah, TX is gonna try to run early to start opening, so my recommendation is hang on a little while longer. Take a look at Japan. They called off things too early and they are seeing a spike now. Europe will be another good indicator of what happens after things start to open up slowly. Most importantly watch the US numbers; a lot of the "flattening out" that we are starting to see might make a turn based on Easter.

1343245371_ScreenShot2020-04-18at7_08_32AM.thumb.jpg.8d59048588f79903aa78ac7e98c07054.jpg

Looks like we were starting to flatten out a bit and now we are creeping back up. Think back to how many of those news stories showed people out on Easter...

I truly don't think we're deep enough in this to even consider opening up again. 

On 4/17/2020 at 9:17 AM, Barry said:

NOW THEY'RE PULLING PEOPLE OVER AND ARRESTING THEM FOR NOT WEARING THEIR MASKS!!

"FOX 7 Austin: Two arrested in separate traffic stops in Bee Cave for traveling without masks."

...Well, no, this is just an example of Fox 7 Austin hilariously burying the lead.

From what I've heard you don't need a mask when driving or exercising.

• Haha 1

Abbott executive order: Reopen Texas parks April 20

He also issued these strict guidelines for visitors to follow: 

1. Visitors must wear a mask or face covering while at the park. 
  2. Visitors must remain six feet away from people who are not members of their household. 
  3. Visitors can not gather in groups larger than five.

Edited by June Bug

Link to the New England Journal of Medicine study discussed in the video posted by AustinBike:  Universal Screening for SARS-CoV-2 in Women Admitted for Delivery

The guy in AB's video is Dr. John Campbell. He's a retired professor of nursing, and worked as an A & E (Accident and Emergency) nurse and is a writer on a wide variety of topics.  He has many youtube presentations and seems to be a bit of a treasure. His Amazon author's page is here

Edited by June Bug

Whole Foods has a 60+ geezer/geezette hour from 7-8 am.  A drippy foggy morning, just right for a bike errand for groceries.

Empty streets, almost empty store, all employees & customers wearing masks. The very cheerful morning person cashier suggested that I hold up each item & she scanned  the bar code with her little gun for a contactless checkout. 

Somehow managed to get just the right amount of stuff to fill both panniers and the bag on the rack completely full, and still zip everything closed. 

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 2

We had a Costco order arrive this morning. Notification that it was scheduled this morning before 6, picked around 7 and delivered by 8. I think the delivery services are starting to coordinate better with the stores. It makes sense for them to be in and out before opening to everyone else.

• Like 3

I like how all the tough gun rights guys are the first to go crying to the government for help. 

on a posi note....I'm down to 183 from 200 lbs, have my crockpot fired up 4 nights a week(any dried thing + onion + sausage), playing tons of music, and STILL killing the Nut on a nightly. I vowed this was Year of The Tay in Jan and I was not gonna be a spectator as much. Well with no sports on, I got my way. and....

HAPPY 4/20! Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Edited by Bamwa
  • Like 5