IGNORED

South Austin Trail Network, The SATN

The Tip

2 hours ago, St.Bernardo said:

Think the trails will be ridable tomorrow afternoon?

With no more rain there is not a doubt in my mind that we will be good to go. Even if we get 1/2 inch tomorrow (20% chance forecast), if it happens before 2 pm, we'll still be good to go.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Tip said:

Wheels down 6 pm. We might be riding some new trail.

Bring beer!

This last report, while positive, was from 15 hrs ago.  For those of us from far-North places, can we confirm all is still good?

Thanks, -CJB

After an amazing discovery "test" ride last night, we are going to have a rescheduled Crank and Drank tonight. The trails were just about perfect so we need to take advantage of these conditions.

6 pm Behind ATX Bikes.

Bring beer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

CRANK AND DRANK event!

This Tuesday, August 6th, is our annual Back to School boot passing charity event to benefit two local schools. Casey Elementary and Paredes Middle School were VERY appreciative of our donations two years ago.

So bring some cash to put in the boot. We'll pass it before the ride and have it available afterwards as well.

Plan on participating in the apres-ride festivities. There will be brisket under the tent. Feel free to bring some potato salad or any other sides. And don't forget to bring your favorite beverage for the Dranking!

The little bit of dust settling rain we received should make for very good trail conditions. 6 pm, behind ATX Bikes.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 12:26 PM, AntonioGG said:

Got a PayPal?

No, but I had a pen pal once.

Don't worry about it. You had a good thought.

We raised $570 in the boot. Very nice. The schools were very appreciative when I took the donations to them today.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The SATN SOCIAL

Fall, 2019. A celebration of the South Austin Trail Network.

Saturday, October 26th. 8:00 am - 5:00 pm-ish

ATX BIKES parking lot, Slaughter Lane @ Beckett

Sponsored by ATX BIKES and GIANT Bicycles.

What is it? It is not a race, it's just a big social ride. There are three routes that all start and return to the ATX Bikes' parking lot. The north is 18 miles, the east is 15, the south is 23. Do all three for a 56 mile ride. This ride will be 90% dirt. The rest is a little road, a little sidewalk. The routing is trying to use as much of the SATN that is not in a gray area. A gray area is one where the landowner is tolerating limited use of it so far, but it's not officially been sanctioned. This ride avoids all of those.

ATX Bikes and Giant Bicycles will be providing food, beer, and some prizes. Prizes will be in a drawing. Tickets will be earned by completing a route. So if you only do one route you will get some tickets. Do all three, get more. Do bonus mileage, get even more.

Giant Bicycles will be bringing their demo trailer. Oh yes, this event is an actual thing!

Get there early to pay your registration, sign your waiver, pay your donation to charity, get your bike number, and get your start time assigned.

KIDDING! There will be none of that. This is all free and it's all for fun. It's a SOCIAL ride! It's a social ride that will educate people about the South Austin Trail Network and to make it a more legitimate thing. The more it is recognized the more of it that can be sanctioned and appreciated by the landowners. "Hey! We have a cool thing here." Perhaps one day we will be able to have a ride that uses all 90 miles of the SATN.

So mark your calendars and tell your buds about it. Look for routes to be posted soon so you can practice and get them down. Recruit a group to ride with on the day of The SATN Social too. Just pick photogenic people though because you will be taking pictures of yourselves in the far reaches of the SATN as proof that you rode it all.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mack_turtle said:

Anyone have Labor Day free and want to explore SATN? I would like to get an early ride in and you can tag along.

How early and how well do you know the trails?  I am interested.  I didn't get out to ride today as I had hoped to.  I know some of the trails, but it would be a small "some" relative to everything that's out there (I have a 20 mile loop that I do starting at Dick Nichols, which includes Slaughter Creek, Boneyard, and the trails northwest of Boneyard that meet up with Mopac). 

..Al