IGNORED

South Austin Trail Network, The SATN

The Tip

On 12/8/2020 at 12:07 PM, mack_turtle said:

but it could have been a disc golfer too. 

Those people are some odd sorts.

Ran into a pack of them at searight on my cross bike and got the lecture on how i was on the wrong trail etc. Humbly apologized and began turning around to head back but they continued lecturing me on how "they wouldn't want me to end up getting hit by a flying disc" in a taunting and sarcastic tone. At that point i'd had enough and told them its fucking called frisbee. fucking frisbee and who the fuck takes a fucking frisbee seriously and while you're at it, go fuck yourselves. They backed down.

Im fine with being told I'm in the wrong and I'll own up to it and apologize but when I start getting lectured or condescended to after doing so, its fucking on. 

anger management disco rant/off😆

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Those people are some odd sorts.

Ran into a pack of them at searight on my cross bike and got the lecture on how i was on the wrong trail etc. Humbly apologized and began turning around to head back but they continued lecturing me on how "they wouldn't want me to end up getting hit by a flying disc" in a taunting and sarcastic tone. At that point i'd had enough and told them its fucking called frisbee. fucking frisbee and who the fuck takes a fucking frisbee seriously and while you're at it, go fuck yourselves. They backed down.

Im fine with being told I'm in the wrong and I'll own up to it and apologize but when I start getting lectured or condescended after doing so, its fucking on. 

Haha.. I’m sure you totally killed their buzz after that 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ATXZJ said:

Im fine with being told I'm in the wrong and I'll own up to it and apologize but when I start getting lectured or condescended to after doing so, its fucking on. 

This is why I carry pepper spray.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charlie193 said:

As everyone is keeping an eye on Rudolph at the moment- it was all clear at about 12:45 today.

I thought it would be helpful if everyone would post a report as to condition and time for every ride on either trail. That way we could pinpoint the time they do their nefarious business. But I don't think we have the numbers for enough coverage just on this board.

1 hour ago, mack_turtle said:

I created a "club" on the site called Bambi Watch. If you have updates, share them in there.

I won't join any club that wants me as a member! 😄

So I joined, but I can't figure out how to post an update. I wanted to say that I put a sign up close to the Davis end on Rudolph asking the vandal why they are doing this. I left a pencil stuck in the cardboard so they could respond. It's probably unreadable now with the rain we just received.

Anyone know who's been doing some serious trail work on the trails by Williamson Creek? This is between Brodie and William Cannon. 

Been loving the totally new windy section right by Brodie. Definitely more mixed feelings on all the trail work on the existing section that runs between Mopac and William Cannon. 

I appreciate the effort this sort of thing takes but pretty much all the fun rock gardens/obstacles have been removed. Kind of a bummer since this is right behind my place so I ride these almost every day and didn't feel like they needed much or any improvement...

Mostly I want to understand more. Is the goal to basically make everything as flowy as possible? I much prefer the techy stuff... I guess just different strokes

11 hours ago, promisland said:

Anyone know who's been doing some serious trail work on the trails by Williamson Creek? This is between Brodie and William Cannon. 

are you talking about the corner behind Taco Bell? I have not been over there in a bit. that "segment' is known as Train Robbers or something, and the area close to Brodie is known as Everwet because the retention pond up the hill tends to deposit water there slowly over a long period leaving the trail ... ever wet.

I like that segment too.  I make a point to cross under William Cannon and ride the boulder section there as well because it's a good dose of chunk.

Edited by mack_turtle

Mack Turtle, that's not where promisland is talking about. He's talking about Williamson Creek between Brodie and Brush Country.

The new windy section, Tin Can Alley on Strava, was a great addition. Have you seen the other new trail on the north bank that starts right at Mopac? That too is a great addition. All that new trail makes doing a no repeating loop possible.

I was impressed that somebody, ANYBODY, was doing something between Mopac and Brush Country. The first thing I noticed was the repaired/improved section that is underneath Mopac on the south bank. That short drop was very scary, especially when you can't see it well because of coming in from the sun with sunglasses on, but now it can be rolled. Still with care though!

Agreed, mixed feelings on the other work. There are also short sections of new trail on the north bank. I didn't see the need for that. I don't like spider web systems. But some of that is challenging. Maybe it will substitute for your rocky challenges that have been smoothed out. Not sure how I feel about that being done either.

I am always pleased to see trail maintenance being done. Reaffirms my faith in humanity!

Edited by The Tip

I see. I'll look that up. "between Brodie and William Cannon" threw me off because those two roads meet at an intersection, so the literal segment there is the bend that connects those two roads.

edit: yeah, I rode Tin Can a while ago. first time was on the gravel bike, which is a bit much. it was a blast on the proper mountain bike though. I'll go ride more of that soon.

Edited by mack_turtle

Yeah Soup Can Alley and Flow Daddy are great additions and alternatives to the existing trail between Brodie and Mopac.  I enjoy the north side trail from Mopac to Valero, it does have some chunk at the very end and its nice to have an alternative.  

I havent seen anything new between Brodie and William Cannon, so cant comment on that.

18 minutes ago, CrownKing said:

Yeah Soup Can Alley

Tin Can Alley. That's what the trail builder wanted to call it. I believe a random guy rode it very soon after it opened and misheard the name and created the wrong "soup" named segment. "Hide" that soup segment on your Strava.