IGNORED

topic / posts sort newest first?

AngryPirate

I am wondering if this forum template supports user preferences setting the sorting defaults for the user, but it's just not enabled.

If people like the way it is now, cool.  If most don't, perhaps we can change it site-wide.

We could have a poll or something to be democratic about it.  Just ideas here. 

• 7 months later...

I'm running into this with the "Trail Conditions" forum. When I view it, the topics are always listed alphabetically. I can change the "Sort By" option to "most recently updated", but when I come back to the forum it is listed by title again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brentb said:

I'm running into this with the "Trail Conditions" forum. When I view it, the topics are always listed alphabetically. I can change the "Sort By" option to "most recently updated", but when I come back to the forum it is listed by title again.

I think this is intentional.  If people are really using this section to learn about trail conditions, it's much easier to find the thread of interest if they are listed alphabetically.  For other sections, this doesn't make sense, so the default sorting method is most recent first.

I can't individually change the Trail Conditions forum to display more topics than the other forums.  I did change the Trail Condisions forum so the topics are shown with the most recent updated topics first.  I had them set to alphabetical thinking it would make it easier for people to scan and find the trail system they're looking for, but I agree it's a bit confusing relative to how the rest of the forum works. 

..Al

• Like 1