IGNORED

Remember the Twilight Zone episode?

The Tip

How many of you are now "working" from home? I'm home all the time but my wife normally isn't, but now she is. So "we" are going just a bit stir crazy. 

It reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where the guy likes to read but doesn't like people. The apocalypse comes and now he has "Time Enough at Last" to do what he wants, but he breaks his glasses he needs to read, meaning he is now unable to do what he wants.

So here we are sitting at home with time to ride but the stupid rain is preventing it.  grrrrrr.

• Like 4

I saw a Twilight Zone as a kid that scared me for years.  Some kids discover a portal to another universe in the wall in their bedroom when their little dog accidentally goes through it.  

Yesterday, Mr. JB discovered A Million Ways to Die in the West. It was great watching on the side while surfing the internet on the laptop.  Some broad humor, some raunchy humor, some satire, lots of silliness.  The owner or the mustache store dies in the end, but the protagonist sheep farmer gets the girl he should be with rather than the one who left him for the mustache store owner after the bad guy husband of the girl he gets in the end is killed by a bullet dipped in rattlesnake venom, a trick the protagonist learned when captured by Apaches but he speaks fluent Apache so it's all cool,  and the girl he originally wanted wants him back but NO! he's gonna stay with...anyway.   Key line: "Somebody always dies at the fair..."  Old episode of Fargo popped up on the DVR and we've got quite a bit of Better Call Saul queued up.  Mr. JB discovered Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist (zippy! singing! dancing! perky protagonist!)  and (last night) Dispatches from Elsewhere (weird and somewhat existential)

Today we're gonna solve how to get Amazon Prime on TV and I'm gonna binge watch Bosch.  We've also got a 1,000 piece jig saw puzzle of a floral arrangement that is only 20" x 26" completed, so the pieces are each about the size of a thumbnail. 

Its  a great time for organizing, purging (throwing out and giving away whatever), garage reorganization except when the non-cleaning/purging spouse  is home, it's harder, as in, Oh hells no, I've had that ______ (T shirt,  Monopoly,  cooler with no lid, 8 track cassettes, Walkman, all grade school homework) since 19___  or 20___ and no WAY it's going to _______ (Goodwill, trash, recycling). 

Alternatively, just make lists about doing that stuff; you don't have to actually DO it. 

I have two books to finish (Wayfinding and Trump's Generals) and another to start (Endurance).  Austin public libraries are closed, so no worries on returns. 

I had a Twilight Zone moment yesterday in a Randalls supermarket... Over the PA system there was an announcement regarding the elderly with immune systems problems and the specific instructions regarding how Randalls is dealing with them. Nothing wrong with it... It was just a topic you'd not heard before and delivered in that futuristic dead tone robotic delivery like you'd hear on old sci-fi shows. And what made it more like that was a young worker in the aisle using one of those hand label checkers that made a kind of loud multiple beep sound. It was just one of those weird moments.

Edited by RidingAgain
  • Like 1

We just got home from Arkansas yesterday and are still trying to get the hang of hunkering down.  We worked for awhile carving a place out of the woods for my daughter and her boyfriend to park the Sprinter Van and live out of it. 100+ yards from the house so they are happy.  My son helped them with that for awhile then started building a bike jump.  Meanwhile we worked in the garden for a few hours trying to make it ready to plant.  It’s weird having unlimited time to work on projects.  I’m excited to get back on the bike once my trails dry out a little (late tomorrow maybe or Tuesday). 

• Like 2