IGNORED

I could make a HUGE profit right now...

TheX

If I wanted to sell off some of my guns. Prices are double what they were a month ago.

But...

Panic buyers tend to be people that aren't normally into guns. The have probably never owned any firearms, and almost certainly have never spent any time training. I'm not going to be responsible for putting a firearm in the hands of someone that has no idea what to do with it. A quick $5K profit isn't worth it, even though I could replace them in a couple months.

Picture1.thumb.png.f992bdad63c68a82c02dcedb5b82f444.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TheX said:

If I wanted to sell off some of my guns. Prices are double what they were a month ago.

But...

Panic buyers tend to be people that aren't normally into guns. The have probably never owned any firearms, and almost certainly have never spent any time training. I'm not going to be responsible for putting a firearm in the hands of someone that has no idea what to do with it. A quick $5K profit isn't worth it, even though I could replace them in a couple months.

This has got to be the stupidest post I've ever read. There are half-a-billion guns in circulation in the U.S. and over 10,000 gun deaths annually (double the per-capita rate of any other country), and you're suddenly worried about people who haven't owned firearms having them now? Give me a break dude! I've had military training with weapons that you'll likely never own, and yet have chosen to never own a gun myself. Trust me though, in an apocalypse, I'll have no problem unassing a gun from any number of stupid fucks who have way more than they could ever possibly need. Quit posting such BS man.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, throet said:

This has got to be the stupidest post I've ever read. There are half-a-billion guns in circulation in the U.S. and over 10,000 gun deaths annually (double the per-capita rate of any other country), and you're suddenly worried about people who haven't owned firearms having them now? Give me a break dude! I've had military training with weapons that you'll likely never own, and yet have chosen to never own a gun myself. Trust me though, in an apocalypse, I'll have no problem unassing a gun from any number of stupid fucks who have way more than they could ever possibly need. Quit posting such BS man.  

Honestly, in an apocalypse those with the guns are gonna go after gold, ammo and more guns. So, basically other gun owners.

All you'll find in my neighborhood is patchouli and wind chimes, so we are safe. The irony of arming up for the apocalypse is that the gun people are going to be doing battle with the other gun people. The worst part for us is no electricity to pop the microwave popcorn while we sit on the sidelines watching the show.

8 hours ago, throet said:

Quit posting such BS man.  

Get over it.

My point is that there are people buying right now, that normally wouldn't. And won't after this passes. If you don't like my reasoning, too bad. I was raised in a military family, and spent 8 years myself. Even my German grandfather, from WWII Germany was a firearm person.

Edited by TheX

36 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Honestly, in an apocalypse those with the guns are gonna go after gold, ammo and more guns. So, basically other gun owners.

All you'll find in my neighborhood is patchouli and wind chimes, so we are safe. The irony of arming up for the apocalypse is that the gun people are going to be doing battle with the other gun people. The worst part for us is no electricity to pop the microwave popcorn while we sit on the sidelines watching the show.

Exactly. I'm not sure what the panic buyers plan on doing with these new guns.

6 hours ago, TheX said:

Get over it.

My point is that there are people buying right now, that normally wouldn't. And won't after this passes. If you don't like my reasoning, too bad. I was raised in a military family, and spent 8 years myself. Even my German grandfather, from WWII Germany was a firearm person.

My point is that your point is senseless. You're attempting to establish a premise that suddenly putting guns in the hands of people who "aren't normally into guns" would have a bad outcome, in a country where gun violence is already exponentially higher than anyplace else in the world. With more guns in this country than people, what sort of qualifications do you believe have been applied historically for those currently owning guns? I'm pretty sure many of the people who have bought guns simply to go out and shoot up innocent people were in fact "firearm folk". Sadly anybody who wants a gun in this country can get a gun very easily, and nothing you do or don't do will change that.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Hate to break it to you, but if things truly ever reached an apocalyptical point, people will be killed for basic necessities. Simple law of nature and survival.   

• Like 2

Just now, throet said:

Hate to break it to you, but if things truly ever reached an apocalyptical point, people will be killed for basic necessities. Simple law of nature and survival.   

Look at day three after Katrina.

38 minutes ago, TheX said:

Look at day three after Katrina.

Watching people's behavior during Katrina strengthened my opinion that our hold on civilization is tenuous. So far the reaction to this crisis is not changing that opinion at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Tip said:

Watching people's behavior during Katrina strengthened my opinion that our hold on civilization is tenuous. So far the reaction to this crisis is not changing that opinion at all.

And that is why I loaded these all up yesterday.  Well to be honest I wanted to play with my speed loader for them.

If people want to play stupid games, I wanted to make sure I had prizes at the ready for them.  I have lots more prizes also, this is not all of them.....

freedom seeds small.jpg

17 hours ago, The Tip said:

From actual experience, I'd say you can take that to the bank.

Back in the day — late - '70s — the $20 bill below was called blood money.

Why?

You could get someone to do some nasty stuff for you for just a single bill.

20-Dollar-Note-Of-Jamaica-600x576.jpg

1 hour ago, RidingAgain said:

Did the old man just make three comments in a row a little above... And then two more in a row just two comments later.

🙂

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 9.06.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 9.08.33 AM.png

I am guessing that he is the owner of this forum.  Most of his posts seem like an attempt to keep this forum relative.  I could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, Ericbike6 said:

I am guessing that he is the owner of this forum.  Most of his posts seem like an attempt to keep this forum relative.  I could be wrong though.

For sure... He just likes to troll me about my multiple posts... I'm just poking him.

Edited by RidingAgain

On 3/23/2020 at 7:10 AM, AustinBike said:

All you'll find in my neighborhood is patchouli and wind chimes, so we are safe.

If needed, I'll hold the red hats off at the wooden footbridge with my trusty 30-30!

- guy without a windchime or a whiff of patchouli