IGNORED

cat is open without a fr 512 membership during the quarantines

crazyt

The fr 512 membership comes with liability insurance which is why I require people who ride cat to have a membership. It also reduces traffic a bit.  While we have the mandatory quarantine I wanted to open the trail up to people without a membership so people can get rides in. It dries pretty quickly because it is all on steep slopes.

It is an extremely difficult trail and it is very easy to get hurt.

Edited by crazyt
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, crazyt said:

That's pretty cool Crazyt and every option to ride is appreciated.  I just want to highlight that last line for anyone that hasn't been out there (me included).  The LAST place that anyone wants to end up is a hospital but this is especially true right now.  Know your ability, ride below that level, and don't take chances.  The world will be here tomorrow and Cat Mountain won't be any less cool when things are a little less stressed in the medical world.  Breaking something while riding during normal times sucks but there are generally plenty of beds and doctors to go around.  Doing it when either of those are in short supply borders on selfish.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, crazyt said:

The fr 512 membership comes with liability insurance which is why I require people who ride cat to have a membership. It also reduces traffic a bit.  While we have the mandatory quarantine I wanted to open the trail up to people without a membership so people can get rides in. It dries pretty quickly because it is all on steep slopes.

Way to do what you can to help everyone!

This is enough for me to join FR512. I was meaning to anyway. But this puts it over the top.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

How public do you want to make this? I can put a notice on my site if you are looking to go to a wider audience. 

just wanted to keep it to mojos. I know most of the people here are good riders. But word of mouth is ok.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, The Tip said:

An excellent gesture. Thanks.

But I will not take you up on the offer as it is above my pay grade. There is one place I don't want to be right now and that's in a hospital!  lol

Definitely above mine. I pay for the year just to help keep them going.

• Thanks 1

contact me if you'd like a tour, I also run/steward/build the trail system and can answer any questions about it. cat mountain is a very special place that can be enjoyed by different types of riders and skill levels, as long as you know your limits, ride within them, and walk around/b-line any feature you are not ready for. there only  a handful of trails with mandatory advanced features, everything else has b-lines for the most part. 

steep and rocky technical gnar with possible high consequence falls is the main deal at cat mountain. there are definitely some good jumps and drops there, but the steep gnar is the star of the show. the climbs are demanding too so it will also test your fitness

with that being said, there are some blue rated trails there also. just go with a guide or someone that knows their way around, stay off the trails above your pay grade, and you'll have a great time

and do NOT santitize anything other than your underwear while you are there! 🙂 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

Because the landowner says it’s ok is where I’m at on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last I recall you could still sign a waiver online without actually joining. I've since joined FR512 myself, but for those without a membership, seems you'd want them to still at least sign a liability waiver prior to riding. 

Hi everyone, we havent had increased traffic or anything but it turns out this can risk our insurance coverage. So Ill have to ask that people join free ride to get the waiver.

I would appreciate it if the admin could delete after about 24 hours.