IGNORED

What ya watchin? Share your thoughts on Movies, TV, and YouTube!

mack_turtle

13 hours ago, throet said:

Interesting articles! I would have concluded that it was the wind drag and not the heat that kept helmets from being adopted earlier on in the sport. Was that just a lame excuse or do the helmets really prevent proper cooling for those guys? I would think when you're going that fast, the wind would provide enough cooling to compensate, but then again, I'll never know what it's like to produce that type of wattage.  

In the mid 90's helmets were awful as far as ventilation.  I think by the mid 90's they were getting better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On Netflix. Show called Magnetic
Starts with big wave surfing in Portugal and goes to skiing. Hits some beautiful spots around the world. The cinematography was real amazing.
Admittedly the Mt Bike portion was allright. But cool movie

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Cafeend said:

On Netflix. Show called Magnetic
Starts with big wave surfing in Portugal and goes to skiing. Hits some beautiful spots around the world. The cinematography was real amazing.
Admittedly the Mt Bike portion was allright. But cool movie

I skipped to the MTB portion and found it Meh so I didn't watch any of it.  I'll go back and check the surfing and skiing.  Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally saw Hamilton this weekend. I've learned to appreciate musicals but it took some time. definitely entertaining. it was longer than I expected and delved deeper into history than I thought it would.

on a related note, Blindspotting in on HBO Max. it came out a few years ago and blew me away. the guy who plays Thomas Jefferson in Hamilton is in it. It's witty, violent, funny, tense, musical, and poignant.

Found a way to revisit one of my favorite shows from the 2000s. After spending nearly 30 years in the auto industry, I can say a lot of this American Body Shop series was pretty accurate🤣

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stumbled on Drunk History last night. Hadn't watched it in awhile and saw a few episodes I have not seen before.
I dont drink any more but damn that show makes me laugh and reminds me why i dont drink any longer.
It's on Comedy Central

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Stumbled on Drunk History last night. Hadn't watched it in awhile and saw a few episodes I have not seen before.
I dont drink any more but damn that show makes me laugh and reminds me why i dont drink any longer.
It's on Comedy Central

On a vacation in Croatia a couple years ago we did drunk history. Everyone was given a topic and drinks.  I had vodka tonic and the Argentine government. We had 60 minutes to do research And down the drinks. Then we each did our piece. Someone took a video and we watched it not too long ago. It was pretty funny. 

• Like 3

Home Game on Netflix.  The first episode is about Cacio Storica.  Basically 2 teams of 27 each, MMA+Rugby.  I knew this sport from my old book in Spanish about the origins of Futbol but I had no idea they still played it.

The other episodes look interesting though I'm not sure I'll be able to watch the Kyrgyzstan polo-like game where the "ball" is a dead goat.

Gotta admit, i'm not a TV guy but my wife turned me onto a couple good ones.

First is "taste the nation" with padma lakshmi. Wife was a big fan of top chef and I was not, but I was a really big fan of Anthony Bourdain. Padma does the best job filling his shoes without trying to and makes it all look easy. Episodes can be pretty moving.

https://www.hulu.com/series/taste-the-nation-with-padma-lakshmi-53d48a66-d254-4e4f-89a1-277ec6c57368?&cmp=11988&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=BM SEM Originals Suppression&utm_term=padma lakshmi taste the nation&gclid=CjwKCAjwx9_4BRAHEiwApAt0zvVgzKbF4Kl12UUHex3DVeBqYMphkjfdrfr4V_zClQLr8tn-yaRGNhoC6_YQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Next was "fuck that's delicious" on hulu as well. Wife called me down to watch "her new favorite show" and I reluctantly sat down to what I perceived as a bunch of wanna be thug stoners eating fried food. Well, after some backstory found out a few of these guys are musicians etc, and after a few episodes really got into the show. Its like a hood version of no reservations. This is a premise I can identify with. 

https://www.vice.com/en_us/topic/fuck-thats-delicious

• Like 2

I hate Top Chef reality type shows, but I love the traveling Chef shows.  On Netflix: The Chef Show (Jon Favreau and Roy Choi); Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat (Samin Nosrat); Ugly Delicious (David Chang). My wife is the one that got started with all of them.  The problem with all of them is they make me want to eat everything they show.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Bourdain was the best. We watched his San Sebastian episode so many times. With all of my Asia travel it was great to watch an episode of his before a trip to get some tips from the locals.

Yeah man, huge influence on us. Kitchen confidential was a game changer for my perception of the restaurant business and helped me prepare (warn) my oldest daughter for life in the back of the house.  Very grateful we got to see him live in SLC back in the 2000s. 

Still on the wall

IMG_20200722_161045906_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

I've been watching the series America: Our Defining Hours on the History Channel. It's probably the best depiction of American History I've seen, combining re-enactments, real photos and footage, and statements from well versed guest lecturers on defining people and moments in our history. Funny how much I hated history in school but can't get enough of it as an elder. 

https://www.history.com/shows/america-our-defining-hours

• Like 2