IGNORED

What ya watchin? Share your thoughts on Movies, TV, and YouTube!

mack_turtle

Rectify is on Netflix. slow-burn drama about a man who has been released from death row after DNA evidence throws his murder conviction into question. his troubles are far from over as people in his rural Georgia town are skeptical about his innocence. the audience is not even sure if he's innocent. the power of the show comes in the character development and dialogue. like I said, it moves slowly but it's rewarding to see the characters deepen as the personal and legal drama unfolds. we just finished season 3 and will probably finish the last 8 episodes of season 4 over the weekend.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fell deep down the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout rabbit hole and stumbled on this guy's podcast. He also has a YT channel but the podcasts are way better.  He's a retired indiana state police detective turned standup comedian that hosts a really interesting podcast discussing solved and unsolved crime from a cops perspective. Has some interesting guests too (mob hitmen, undercover cops, families of victims etc).

https://1041podcast.com/

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 9:16 AM, throet said:

Struggled to stay awake through WW84 last night. Total waste of time IMO. 

While I didn't hate it, it's a very stale effort after the previous excellent WW film. Only the road fight scene was really great. The ending even reminded me of the Riddler's brainwave nonsense at the end of Batman Forever. And that's not high praise. 

• 4 weeks later...

Radium Girls on Netflix. based on the the true story about the fight for safe work conditions when working with radioactive materials in the 1920s. it's jarring to learn that, at that time, radioactive substances were sold as a cure for everything, including cancer. it's not surprising to learn how hard leaders in the industry worked to suppress the truth about it that is obvious to us today.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

Radium Girls on Netflix. based on the the true story about the fight for safe work conditions when working with radioactive materials in the 1920s. it's jarring to learn that, at that time, radioactive substances were sold as a cure for everything, including cancer. it's not surprising to learn how hard leaders in the industry worked to suppress the truth about it that is obvious to us today.

I've watched a documentary on this and my wife has read the book.  It's on our list to watch.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Small Axe is available on Amazon Prime. Short series with long episodes about the struggle for equality for Black folk in England. Sometimes the soundtrack tries to steal the show, but the varied truth-inspired stories over several decades of heartbreak tell a compelling story that most of us probably don't know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been enjoying Taika Waititi's movies lately. If you've seen and enjoyed Jojo Rabbit and What We Do in the Shadows, go back and watch Boy and Hunt for the Wilderpeople. You can access some of these films for free through the Kanopy app.

this f-king guy! 😆

Brody-JojoRabbit.jpg

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 2