IGNORED

What ya watchin? Share your thoughts on Movies, TV, and YouTube!

mack_turtle

Jojo was awesome.  I think he's also directed some superhero movie right?  I'll look for the others, thanks!

I'm watching Tribes of Europa.  It seemed like a crazy coincidence this came out given our power outage situation.  It's basically modern civilization de-evolving into tribes after all tech dies.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mack_turtle said:

Just now finally saw Parasite. The pacing, the awkwardness, the sprial into violence! I'm gonna watch it twice for good measure.

It's on my list but have not had a chance.  Thanks!!

Oh, whatever you do, don't watch Barb and Star go to Vista del Mar.  It wasn't my idea (yeah I just threw my wife under the bus!).  

16 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

Just now finally saw Parasite. The pacing, the awkwardness, the sprial into violence! I'm gonna watch it twice for good measure.

Such a great movie! Saw it in the theater twice, miss those days. 

Was on a Korean movie kick recently, watched Joon Ho's "The Host," and Chan Wook's "Old Boy."

2 hours ago, rockshins said:

Such a great movie! Saw it in the theater twice, miss those days. 

For my birthday in a couple of weeks, my wife got us tickets to the Dazed and Confused reunion show at Lakeline Alamo Drafthouse.  I cannot emphasize how much I'm looking forward to this.  Going to Alamo Drafthouse was my top thing to go do after I got vaccinated.  I think I'll take a Lyft to and from so I can drink all the beers and not worry about getting home.

Edited by AntonioGG
weeks not days. getting ahead of myself!
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

For my birthday in a couple of days, my wife got us tickets to the Dazed and Confused reunion show at Lakeline Alamo Drafthouse.  I cannot emphasize how much I'm looking forward to this.  Going to Alamo Drafthouse was my top thing to go do after I got vaccinated.  I think I'll take a Lyft to and from so I can drink all the beers and not worry about getting home.

that might be the most Austin-specific post-pandemic plan I have ever heard. be sure to complain about toll roads and California transplants and eat some breakfast tacos that day.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AustinBike said:

If you are going to watch it again, you need to do it with Soju.

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/soju/jinro-chamisul-original/p/134828750?s=514&igrules=true

You'll thank me later.

Not sure if H Mart or Total Wine has different brands of soju but in my drinking days I found the southern provinces had much better big brand soju than Jinro. Jinro is pretty much ubiquitous in the Seoul area but I remember liking the Muhak Good Day brand and Yipsejoo brand when I was in the south. Many fun trips to the Seokguram Grotto (Buddha carved into the side of the mountain) on that Good Day soju. The cheaper stuff is nasty.  Tried some moonshine soju that had dead bees floating in it, tasted like everclear and was not good for keeping memories.

• 3 weeks later...

Fell down the war in vietnam rabbit hole after hearing about "the giant killer" on a podcast. Also been looking to watch the documentary about Tim O'brien. What a journey that guys has had. You also wouldn't believe the story behind "giant killer" was true if you didn't see it for yourself. Both docs are pretty surreal and worth watching.

The Giant Killer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7291412/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11925914/

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...