IGNORED

What ya watchin? Share your thoughts on Movies, TV, and YouTube!

mack_turtle

Rewatched Lords of Dogtown a couple of weeks ago, then when I turned on the Redbull tv app to watch a mtb race Bones Brigade popped up. Hadn’t seen that one in years so had to rewatch it too. Amazing the evolution of skateboarding from those two groups of kids a decade apart.

• Like 1

A&E’s WWE Legends will suck you in. I only watched the old b/w stuff growing up and only know some of the characters featured, but I’m hooked. 
Right!
We have Peacock now and I'm watching the shit out of the WWE documentary stuff

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Blinded By the Light was a fun feel-good movie that I recommend. based on a true story about a Pakistani-English teenager growing up in Thatcher era England who finds meaning in the music of Bruce Springsteen. if you've ever been a Bruce fan, this movie is basically a love letter to The Boss.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Now that NBC Sports GoldPass is a thing of the past, and everything will go to Peacock, who is taking the plunge?   I will try it for one year so I can watch the TdF and World Championships.

I went with the yearly Peacock for Premier League but basically didn't watch anything else.

We use the Paramount+ app (used to be CBS) for UEFA Champions League but we do that one on a month by month basis because we only need it about 4 months out of the year.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

Sweet Tooth on Netflix is pretty darn good. Dark and foreboding in the current state of the world, but whimsical in it's own way.

Just got all caught up. Pretty fun show, could have been a LOT more brutal.

Watching the Tomorrow War right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Back to Kiwi humor: if you enjoyed What We Do in the Shadows (mockumentary about vampires), Wellington Paranormal is a spin-off from Shadows on HBO.

On the other end of the spectrum is Betty, a coming of age series about young female skaters in NYC. I can't explain why it's so darn good.

Working on my German so I started watching Biohackers on Netflix, in German with German subtitles. Interestingly, I have been able to keep up, despite the technical lexicon throughout the show.

It's a good watch, but I recommend English for everyone else, probably more enjoyable that way.

• Like 1

What I'm no longer watching is Peacock TV.  They had a good thing with NBC Sports Gold Cycling package and Peacock is about the worst thing I've experienced in streaming--ever.  Tons of commercials even though I had the premium plus package (Olympic Men's MTB race was 5 minutes of race, 3 minutes of commercials), they did not stream the women's MTB race at all unless you had a cable subscription.  I'll take any advice on VPNs on IM so I can watch cycling another way.  I want to pay for the service (and I'm paying and very happy with GCN+).

10 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

I have peacock for premier league and just don't watch much else on it.

How's the PL coverage?  I got it for the TdF, but had hoped to get to watch a lot of the obscure Olympic sports, and the coverage is not great.  Even the old shows I thought I may want to re-watch were bad.  Some had commercials, and a lot of them were super compressed.  I think they rushed their product to market for the Olympics.   They definitely Pea-cocked it up.  (thanks, I'll be here all night...)

Worst case I get Peacock for July 2022 only next year and that's it.

I looked at peacock and didn’t seem worth it. Had the spectrum streaming for a month or 2 but the package with local affiliates sucked. You only got like 15 channels. Fubo has local, plus a much larger range of channels, plus 250 hrs of online dvr space. I’m guessing it was futbol oriented originally because there’s 20+ sports channels that mainly carry soccer plus most of the ESPN channels and NBCSN and Olympic channel. The ESPN and NBCSN apps work if you use Fubo as your provider. Great thing for us is each person’s Fubo login has a separate way to sort channels and only the dvr items for that login show up. Spectrum only works for 90% of the channels on your home WiFi network but Fubo streams exactly the same everywhere.

I setup a separate login for the Olympic stuff so I can dvr the cycling and other late night stuff that’s mainly on USA and NBCSN. It had all of the men’s mtb race but for some reason the time slot must have been off on the women’s. What I recorded started 30 min into the race. It was pretty much decided by that point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chongo Loco said:

It had all of the men’s mtb race but for some reason the time slot must have been off on the women’s. What I recorded started 30 min into the race. It was pretty much decided by that point.

I think Fubo counts as your "cable" provider which means you should be able to stream the full women's race from NBC's Tokyo2020 site.

I looked into Fubo, but ultimately I have more stuff than I can watch at this point.

1 hour ago, AntonioGG said:

How's the PL coverage?  I got it for the TdF, but had hoped to get to watch a lot of the obscure Olympic sports, and the coverage is not great.  Even the old shows I thought I may want to re-watch were bad.  Some had commercials, and a lot of them were super compressed.  I think they rushed their product to market for the Olympics.   They definitely Pea-cocked it up.  (thanks, I'll be here all night...)

Worst case I get Peacock for July 2022 only next year and that's it.

Excellent. You get all games but you can only watch them live or like 12 hours later. So there is always the chance that you will run into the score between the end of the game and when the replay is available. Games that are on NBC properties sometimes don't show up live but you can get replays later.

There is also lots of pre-game shows and wrap up shows if you are into that kinda stuff.

Overall worth the $100 a year.