IGNORED

What ya watchin? Share your thoughts on Movies, TV, and YouTube!

mack_turtle

I always find it ironic when the supposed "left" supports the state in shutting down free speech through legal actions. Agree with VM comments or not, be careful what you wish for. 

Speaking of saying whatever you want, here's Bill Burr's new project we've been enjoying.

Edited by ATXZJ

9 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I'm done with Van Morrison. And Eric Clapton as well.

But Belfast has been on my travel list for years, mostly spent all my time in RoI, in the Dublin area.

Belfast and the surrounding area were pretty amazing when we visited. still scarred from the Troubles. The Van Morrison music in the movie is more to set the scene for the time period in which it's set, and the appropriate singer being from the same city.

not Belfast but Ballycastle. One of my favorite photos from this trip.

C1B68A5F-4A77-47E0-A90C-46D7A1AB44C3-1840-00000103DFCEBA2F.jpg.c897741b8e3bcb6187d3fead3f9c5d1a.jpg

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How To with John Wilson is on for another season on HBO. nearly pussed myself laughing multiple times during the first one.

Curb Your Enthusiasm continues to slay.

Nora From Queens is bizarre and awkward and I love it.

That Beatles doc on Disney is amazing. Peter Jackson is indeed a wizard.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god, I started watching that but I only made it through the first 10 minutes before I had to shut it off. It was soooooo annoying. Does it get better? The beginning was a bunch of 20 somethings who were all so idealistic about how Austin was the greatest city, like it could make them stars. And just being annoying 20 somethings with no concept about the world. Not going back unless you tell me that subsides.

And all of them need to stay off my lawn.

• Haha 1

I kind of wanted to hate-watch it because I wanted to see Austin on TV. I guess I can just ... go outside if I want that. doesn't seem to be worth my time because it's so flagrantly trashy.

if you really want to see Austin on TV, wait a few weeks for Queer Eye season 6. If the past five seasons are any indication, will not be trash.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Pee-wee's Big Adventure. HBO has it and this movie stands the test of time. Tim Burton's debut as a film director delivers! 1980s Murray BMX team, car chases, clay-animated VFX, Texas humor, a love story about a man's relentless devotion to cycling, a fantastic soundtrack with Twisted Sister, and a script written by Phil Hartman. It's an under-rated classic for sure. If you have not seen this movie as an adult, give it a shot.

Edited by mack_turtle

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/30/2021 at 9:16 PM, mack_turtle said:

I've been living vicariously through Elina Osborne's walk across New Zealand lately. https://youtube.com/c/ElinaOsborne

Bringing this back up because she completed the series. really fantastic story-telling for a individual person with a camera.

Pistol is on Hulu right now. terrific music history about The Sex Pistols. Danny Boyle directs, fantastic cast. I'm hooked.

• Like 3

On 12/27/2021 at 6:41 PM, mack_turtle said:

Just watched Pee-wee's Big Adventure. HBO has it and this movie stands the test of time. Tim Burton's debut as a film director delivers! 1980s Murray BMX team, car chases, clay-animated VFX, Texas humor, a love story about a man's relentless devotion to cycling, a fantastic soundtrack with Twisted Sister, and a script written by Phil Hartman. It's an under-rated classic for sure. If you have not seen this movie as an adult, give it a shot.

I've never watched it.  I need to.

We've been watching Tehran on AppleTV.  Very entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...