IGNORED

What ya watchin? Share your thoughts on Movies, TV, and YouTube!

mack_turtle

Add to your YouTube, the best "restoration" channel (It's more like blueprinting rather than restoration of old tools)  No crappy music, no talking:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMrMVIBtqFW6O0-MWq26gqw

Backyard Trail builds:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1iGpIm2g0D8lZvhtqetHmg

Turnah81's cat deterrent videos (you have to be OK with cats being wet):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCkcCtmrBu5CfFi8LFFcVA

Woodworking channel, great name: stumpy nubs

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCstwpLSByklww1YojZN-KiQ

Rapha videos, I think someone already linked them:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXYXxfVjxMppZY64-5baOsw

Color Out of Space — Nicholas Cage and Tommy Chong in a campy sci-fi horror technicolor nightmare. It's every bit as ridiculous as it sounds. I streamed it through Hoopla for free.

This was a relatively goofy take on a genre of sci-fi that is better exemplified in Annihilation, so if you're into cosmic horror, that's a good place to start.

On that note, Annihilation is based on the first book in Jeff Vandermeer's Southern Reach trilogy. If you like to scare the poo out of yourself, read those. They are only slightly scarier than reading the news. (Borne was good too. Equally twisted.)

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 1

In Bruges: Found this at the back of my DVD drawer after thinking I lost it during the last move. A dark comedy about two hitmen, Collin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson, hiding out in a small Belgium town. The comedic parts are hilarious, and the somber parts are heartbreaking. Lots of symbolism/philosophical content throughout. I don’t know if it’s streaming anywhere, but it’s worth a few dollars for a digital rental IMO.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dan said:

In Bruges: Found this at the back of my DVD drawer after thinking I lost it during the last move. A dark comedy about two hitmen, Collin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson, hiding out in a small Belgium town. The comedic parts are hilarious, and the somber parts are heartbreaking. Lots of symbolism/philosophical content throughout. I don’t know if it’s streaming anywhere, but it’s worth a few dollars for a digital rental IMO.

I love that movie!  Need to watch it again.

Need something calming? Watch these dudes outfit a narrow boat and explore England's canal system. Sounds like a solid retirement plan to me.
Foxes Afloat

Damn you. I put this on my second monitor and now I’m hooked. I’d never heard of a narrow boat and now I know how they make them, who makes them, how much they cost, and more useless crap. I will say, there was no talk of virus or masks or curves so it was a great break from reality.

My big question is how a bus driver and a personal trainer can afford a $300k boat AND be able to work while driving the thing around? Those professions don’t seem to mend themselves to mobility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

.My big question is how a bus driver and a personal trainer can afford a $300k boat AND be able to work while driving the thing around? 

England economy, national healthcare, sold their house and belongings, solid following of YouTube subscribers and Patreon. Apparently.

Subscribed to swearnet (trailer park boys) and that has helped to add some laughs at the end of the day.

Equalizer 2: what the fuck did i just watch? jesus

sex pistols vs bill grundy: short but entertaining 

Python's the meaning of life: always a go to for the wife & I

Just finished first episode of Tales From The Loop (Prime). Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

And if I were tied to a chair and forced to watch Tiger King, or any other trailer trash type show, I'd probably bite my own tongue off just so I could choke on it and not have to watch it.  Not really a dumpster fire watching sort of person. 

Edited by jcarneytx
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jcarneytx said:

Just finished first episode of Tales From The Loop (Prime). Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

And if I were tied to a chair and forced to watch Tiger King, or any other trailer trash type show, I'd probably bite my own tongue off just so I could choke on it and not have to watch it.  Not really a dumpster fire watching sort of person. 

Just got the ad for that show.  I'll put it on my list.  

I'm with you on the trash shows.  What's killing me is that part of our home schooling now is making the kids watch documentaries, and searching for "documentaries" yields a lot of reality trash shows.

I think I had read the Tiger dude story (long article) on Texas Monthly a while back.  The read was good, but I cannot imagine watching a show like that.

4 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Just got the ad for that show.  I'll put it on my list.  

I'm with you on the trash shows.  What's killing me is that part of our home schooling now is making the kids watch documentaries, and searching for "documentaries" yields a lot of reality trash shows.

I think I had read the Tiger dude story (long article) on Texas Monthly a while back.  The read was good, but I cannot imagine watching a show like that.

Try PBS app. Can watch a lot of NOVA docs as well as others for free. Not ALL, mind you, but I'd say most. 

• Thanks 1

I typically avoid trash shows like Tiger King. I did get sucked into it though. It's an absolute white trash train wreck. The sad thing of it is that they stated that there are between 5000-10000 tigers in the US in captivity and around 4000 free in the wild.

15 hours ago, jcarneytx said:

Wife and I started watching this. Not bad but it seems to be geared more toward teens and adolescents.

Edited by Chief

9 minutes ago, Chief said:

I typically avoid trash shows like Tiger King. I did get sucked into it though. It's an absolute white trash train wreck. The sad thing of it is that they stated that there are between 5000-10000 tigers in the US in captivity and around 4000 free in the wild.

I avoided it when it first popped up in the Netflix queue, but then I felt like I had to watch it just to get all the jokes on Instagram.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jcarneytx said:

You'll want to keep watching. Might want to make sure there aren't any adolescents around during some later episodes.

👍 thanks. Currently on fifth episode.

Edited by Chief

1 hour ago, jcarneytx said:

You'll want to keep watching. Might want to make sure there aren't any adolescents around during some later episodes.

Thanks for that extra info.  We started watching Locke & Key as a family, and there was some subject matter I was uncomfortable with my 13yo watching, not b/c of age, but b/c of maturity level.

• Like 1