IGNORED

On the bright side

Sluggo

I tell everyone that will listen that salmon is the best thing you can smoke. Not only is it wonderful tasting but it's hard to screw up too.  It's also the only thing I smoke that has nothing on it. Just doesn't need anything but the smoke.

I'm with you about maybe over using the smoker these days. If the Covid doesn't get me, the cancer from all the smoked meat will. Small price to pay though!

• Like 2

I tell everyone that will listen that salmon is the best thing you can smoke. Not only is it wonderful tasting but it's hard to screw up too.  It's also the only thing I smoke that has nothing on it. Just doesn't need anything but the smoke.
I'm with you about maybe over using the smoker these days. If the Covid doesn't get me, the cancer from all the smoked meat will. Small price to pay though!

It was the first time I’ve done salmon. So, you’re saying the you just throw it in plain? I brined it in water, salt, brown sugar, and Old Bay. Then used applewood and glazed it with honey. It’s pretty tasty.
  • Like 1

We've also using the smoker a ton. Brisket, turkey, chicken, pork shoulder, fatties, and whisky cheeseburgers in the style of BBQPitBoys--we followed them exactly except cheddar instead of swiss, and only 1lb burgers instead of 1.5lb. Now I really need to smoke up some salmon!

Those whiskey cheeseburgers though!

image.thumb.png.10fd9cb0d931ac3496514a62ba517287.png

image.thumb.png.31a769d2004d8bef83b6758617608afb.png

• Like 9

13 hours ago, The Tip said:

If you ever get the chance... Try smoked marlin... Very good.

57 minutes ago, Barry said:

We've also using the smoker a ton. Brisket, turkey, chicken, pork shoulder, fatties, and whisky cheeseburgers in the style of BBQPitBoys--we followed them exactly except cheddar instead of swiss, and only 1lb burgers instead of 1.5lb. Now I really need to smoke up some salmon!

Those whiskey cheeseburgers though!

image.thumb.png.10fd9cb0d931ac3496514a62ba517287.png

image.thumb.png.31a769d2004d8bef83b6758617608afb.png

Wow... That's some meal.

17 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

On the bright side while riding Brushy with a mask today I avoided ingesting two clouds of gnats and a big grasshopper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twice I've breathed in (like into my trachea, not esophagus) a bug.  One time it's one of those that has the strong smell.  Another time it was in Wisconsin, one of those big midwest mosquitoes, it was the worst fit of coughing/gagging I've ever experienced.   Your body goes into overdrive mucus production trying to expunge that foreign body.  I still shudder at the thought of it.

On the bright side I've never eaten healthier, more greens than I ever thought I could consume. I am learning to properly cook and saving so much money. Lost 10 lbs. Bike is dialed, pivot bearings greased, brakes bled, balanced and was able to do a lower leg service all by my lonesome self. I've come to the conclusion that there are a lot more important things in life than mountainbiking (although lets not get too crazy, lol).

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

On the bright side we made homemade French fries (the right way) with our burgers and IPAs this evening. They were fantastic.

And I left the property for the first time in a couple of weeks to pick up a set of tires.

Life is good today.

This evening?  You posted at 4:15 🙂     Meant to add:  I like how you roll.

Did you order the HopDoddy kit?   I think I want to try it.

Edited by AntonioGG

38 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

On the bright side we made homemade French fries (the right way) with our burgers and IPAs this evening. They were fantastic.

And I left the property for the first time in a couple of weeks to pick up a set of tires.

Life is good today.

Wife and I had fresh burgers the other night. Damn they were good, it had been awhile since we had burgers. My wife won't do burgers unless the meat is fresh ground that day. Making me hungry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

This evening?  You posted at 4:15 🙂     

Welcome to my world. Basically when I got on board with eating good food my wife was really into intermittent fasting. Part of my weight loss (and maintenance) is that most days we only eat 2 meals, ~10:30 in the morning and ~4 in the afternoon. This gives us a really long fast (18+ hours). These days I am eating a little earlier and then riding, so when I get back to the house ~2:00 it is too late for lunch because dinner is around the corner.

Yeah, it's weird when we used to go out to dinner with people, but that shit is out the window.

• Like 1