IGNORED

On the bright side

Sluggo

9 hours ago, throet said:

In 9 years of riding I have had one flat on a ride. I'm either incredibly lucky, or doing something right. 

Now you've done it. You never ever talk about not getting a flat because when you do you'll get one your next ride. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, throet said:

In 9 years of riding I have had one flat on a ride. I'm either incredibly lucky, or doing something right. 

9 years, so you must have started tubeless? Back in the tube days it was a regular occurrence, I don't miss that shit one bit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GFisher said:

9 years, so you must have started tubeless? Back in the tube days it was a regular occurrence, I don't miss that shit one bit.

Yep! The bike shop and my buddies who got me into it back in 2011 convinced me it was the only way to go. 

• Like 5

Even with tubeless I had 3 flats in one lap of LGT once.  Slashed tire then with a tube 2 tubes pinch flatted.  Sucks going back to high pressures after getting used to tubeless.    I had the same problem on the road.  I still ride with tubes on the road bike.  I had 3 flats on Parmer (probably 10+ years ago when it had less traffic).

7 hours ago, notyal said:

On the bright side, several months ago I accidentally bought deodorant without antiperspirant. Caring less about pit stains these days, I’m finally putting my mistake to use.

Yeah, I’m really digging deep.

I suppose if you need it, you need it, but I stopped using anti-perspirant probably 10 years ago, and only use deodorant. Shirts no longer have stiff-clothed stains in the pits, and I feel better about not stuffing skin pores with metal particles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jcarneytx said:

I suppose if you need it, you need it, but I stopped using anti-perspirant probably 10 years ago, and only use deodorant. Shirts no longer have stiff-clothed stains in the pits, and I feel better about not stuffing skin pores with metal particles.

Same here.  Anti-perspirant made me really itchy too.  I just embrace the wet pits in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...