IGNORED

On the bright side

Sluggo

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Speaking of which, has anyone gotten up really early to look at the comet?

No. Waiting for when it's in the NW in the evening. Got my telescope ready to go. Supposedly around July 23rd will be the best in the evening after sundown. In the NW just below Ursa Major.

13 minutes ago, quixoft said:

No. Waiting for when it's in the NW in the evening. Got my telescope ready to go. Supposedly around July 23rd will be the best in the evening after sundown. In the NW just below Ursa Major.

I had told my boys we'll get up early one morning and drive a bit out of town to go look at it, then I saw at what time I'd have to get up and axed that plan (well it was also cloudy when we had planned it)  So we're also waiting for the best evening watching.  I had read that starting in mid-July is the best time but thanks for the peak viewing day.   Hopefully we have clear skies!

15 hours ago, hurronnicane said:

On the bright side, the garden is still producing though it is going to burn up fast in this heat!

281AED22-0C8D-48E1-8909-B8E047FBD438.jpeg

8900BF5E-DB71-47B4-B529-E8044404B19B.jpeg

795DE522-D5F2-494E-B425-DCCCAB7BFCDA.jpeg

It must be the fungus.  When we returned from Spring Break and the lockdowns were starting both of my kids were at home and everyone wanted to garden.  We got a trailer-load of mushroom compost and proceeded to plant big.  In addition to our garden my daughter and her boyfriend planted a small garden near when they were parking the van, and my son planted his own garden in a fenced enclosure he had started as a kid.  Soon they were all living elsewhere and we had three gardens to keep up, and a metric shit-ton of produce to eat and give away.  We are now down to harvesting mostly cucumbers and tomatoes with the occasional zucchini.  

Edited by hurronnicane
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On the bright side, I discovered HEB toilet paper.  

Not the softest, not the roughest, yet very efficient.  

On a scale of 1 (Scott tissue work bathroom industrial John Wayne edition [rough, tough, and takes no shit]) to 10 (one of the ultra versions of Charmin) I'd rate it an 8.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On a scale of 1 (Scott tissue work bathroom industrial John Wayne edition [rough, tough, and takes no shit]) to 10 (one of the ultra versions of Charmin) I'd rate it an 8.

Now this is the kind of content that keeps me returning to this site.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I've always been a Scott man. How does it compare 😁

10 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

I've always been a Scott man. How does it compare 😁

The only Scott tissue I know about is the one at work.  It's trace-paper thin, rough like 400 grit sand paper, and not very efficient.  My butt is in worse shape after a deuce at work than after a 24hr solo race. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

The only Scott tissue I know about is the one at work.  It's trace-paper thin, rough like 400 grit sand paper, and not very efficient.  My butt is in worse shape after a deuce at work than after a 24hr solo race. 

That's pretty damn bad.

5 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Yeah, the commercial grade stuff is terribad. The worst are the tamper-proof paper holders that bind up and only let you tear a 4" section at a time. Gonna need to sing more than the ABC song after washing your hands with that one🤣

The Scott 1000s rule the world.

955a0a93-8d8f-4a4e-addc-4773c82821fd_1.a7d6094a79d696f80cae0fac5c3ab61e.jpeg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Yeah, the commercial grade stuff is terribad. The worst are the tamper-proof paper holders that bind up and only let you tear a 4" section at a time. Gonna need to sing more than the ABC song after washing your hands with that one🤣

You made me ROTFL during a conf call. Good thing I'm usually muted.  I know exactly what you speak of with the tamper-proof holders!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1