IGNORED

On the bright side

Sluggo

17 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

this has been a good time for live music, for me. in the past two weeks, I was "personally" serenaded by the following musicians playing in their own homes:

• Julien Baker
  • David Bazan
  • Mick Flannery
  • Andrew Bird
  • Gary Lightbody

I am sure there will be more.

I have seen a bunch of Death Cab for Cutie live broadcasts from home studios.

And Radiohead is replaying live concerts on their YouTube page.

• Like 1

On the bright side - the recent calls for hail has caused me to clean my garage and PIF a bunch of stuff on c-list.

Porch Pickup for the win.  Come getcha shit.  None of this "is it available".  Usually my answer is " if it is still on the curb, it is still available.  If it isn't on the curb - you guessed it - GONE"

• Like 2

On the bright side cranky "I don't need a computer" dad is actually going to dial into the family zoom conference tomorrow morning. Now I just have to help him actually dial in because sister was going to put him on speakerphone next to her iPad. Yeah, that wasn't gonna last long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A summer tanager is using the driver’s side mirror as a mating/sparring partner and the top of the door is covered in shit.  It’s highly entertaining.

I thought it was supposed to read “a summer teenager” and I was really confused. I don’t know bird names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

On the bright side, I’ve driven my car twice in the last 4 weeks.  

You and millions of others. 

I saw that the car repair places have been open. But now nobody's car is breaking because they haven't even tried to start it. So the car repair places are laying off people. And the gas isn't getting sold. I read they've run out of storage for oil. Oil not getting sold is not good for Texas.

But on the bright side the insurance companies are giving rebates back on car policies because their claims have dropped like 90% or something like that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Tip said:

I saw that the car repair places have been open. But now nobody's car is breaking because they haven't even tried to start it. So the car repair places are laying off people. And the gas isn't getting sold. I read they've run out of storage for oil. Oil not getting sold is not good for Texas.

But on the bright side the insurance companies are giving rebates back on car policies because their claims have dropped like 90% or something like that.

I need to get my car inspected.  I'll probably let them sell me the filters and other such stuff, maybe an engine oil change.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Tip said:

My sister literally just leased a new car a week ago. Her lease was up in June. She said "there will never be better dealer incentives." I just think about how much should could have saved by turning the old car in on June 1 and then not having a car for the rest of the summer as they have a second one. And in September the deals will be killer.

On the bright side, I am good at math.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AustinBike said:

My sister literally just leased a new car a week ago. Her lease was up in June. She said "there will never be better dealer incentives." I just think about how much should could have saved by turning the old car in on June 1 and then not having a car for the rest of the summer as they have a second one. And in September the deals will be killer.

On the bright side, I am good at math.

Not to sound too morbid, but as this whole thing winds down I'll bet there will a huge inventory of used cars hitting the market. Used is usually always a better choice financially.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief said:

Not to sound too morbid, but as this whole thing winds down I'll bet there will a huge inventory of used cars hitting the market. Used is usually always a better choice financially.

Not for just "morbid" reasons either. I bet tons of people are defaulting on their auto loans right now, while simultaneously not driving.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, notyal said:

Not for just "morbid" reasons either. I bet tons of people are defaulting on their auto loans right now, while simultaneously not driving.

Yeah, she leases (again because she is not too bright.) 

And there will be a ton of cars on the market, I think a lot of people are also going to realize that they don't need multiple cars. So in keeping with the theme of "on the bright side", buying a car in 2020/2021 is going to be a buyer's market. But, more to the point, a lot of cars are getting no use, so the market for 2020/2021 is shifting to the right a bit.

• Like 1