IGNORED

Walnut Warning + other trails too

16 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I would wear a mask on a bike, but only if it is mandated by the law.

Okay, yeah. If it becomes the law then I'll comply. Wearing the masks is only a marginal increase in safety. It only works until you wipe your sweaty brow with your unprotected arm after taking off your helmet back at the car. Which then you further contaminate after improperly removing the sweaty mask and the sweat still dripping down your face runs down to the now exposed part of your face. If your mask is contaminated with the virus, then surely the rest of your sweaty self is contaminated too right? I guess we need to just have isopropyl misters that we ride through as we return to the parking lot.

At this point, I think everyone out on the trail should take whatever precautions make them feel safer. I will do the same. Maybe I need to go back to night riding.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

Okay, yeah. If it becomes the law then I'll comply. Wearing the masks is only a marginal increase in safety. It only works until you wipe your sweaty brow with your unprotected arm after taking off your helmet back at the car. Which then you further contaminate after improperly removing the sweaty mask and the sweat still dripping down your face runs down to the now exposed part of your face. If your mask is contaminated with the virus, then surely the rest of your sweaty self is contaminated too right? I guess we need to just have isopropyl misters that we ride through as we return to the parking lot.

At this point, I think everyone out on the trail should take whatever precautions make them feel safer. I will do the same. Maybe I need to go back to night riding.

See above. Masks DO NOT protect you. They prevent your spit from going places and getting other people sick. If your not wearing a mask it's in your best interest that everyone else is, but that's a jerk move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2020 at 2:00 PM, June Bug said:

Wearing a mask telegraphs to others "I take this seriously. Keep your distance and don't f**k with me."  

That's what I'd like to think.  Twenty somethings are oblivious to it all. 

Upvoted for an elder using the F word!

• Haha 1