IGNORED

500 Acres... How Much Trail?

39 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

I've ridden it all the way through; it's the epitome of trying to put too much trail into one area despite all the things you listed.  Those things don't make up for what I don't like about it.  And I'm not trying to put anyone's work down, either; I just don't like the trail.  "It's not you; it's me."   I know it's hard for builders to not take when someone dislikes their work personally.  I've been there.

I get that it's not for everyone and I don't take it personally. 

• Like 3

On 4/14/2020 at 12:36 PM, Jbn999 said:

Speaking of low acreage trail systems, have there ever been any conversations with the city over their parkland off the south Walnut Creek trail? 200+ acres of park and utility easements, 100 ft. of elevation change, pre-built return trails from phase 1 and phase 3 of the SWCT, plus easy access from Gus Garcia Middle School might make after school programs a selling point when all the craziness is over. The city marked out the farm fields on the east side of the paved trail for a sports complex development next to the Austin Tennis Center. Everything else looks unplanned so far.

Topo.thumb.png.5231e87398c3b4e8daff555c5400bf96.png

Considering other urban bike parks - Valmont in Boulder is on 40 acres, Duthie Hill in Issaquah is on 120, and Bentonville's Coler is on 400, it seems like there might be ample space for trail development.

Aerials.png

It has been discussed and discussed and discussed for many many years. Chardog put together a plan and proposal 7 to 10 years ago. But the City is waiting for ...

something. Makes me think they are a government organization.

• Like 2