IGNORED

Little Kid bikes

Kyle

2 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

If you can, I would move her to a bike without a coaster. Get her using handbrakes. I know we all loved our epic coaster brake skids as kids, but the improvement in braking is so huge and it really helps teach proper bike handling. IMHO.

Yeah, I'm torn on that. It would be better for her but I dont want to make it harder for her starting off on the bigger bike. Her personality is such that she'll want to quit and then not be interested for awhile. I'm thinking I'll have to get her two bikes. Let her build confidence on the bigger wheels and familiar coaster brake then get a bike she can ride "trails" on with me. 

At this point in the game with my kids, my goal was to just keep it fun.  If that meant coaster brakes so you could do some rad skids, coaster brakes it was.  They will learn how to use hand brakes eventually and how many of us learned proper bike handling at that age?  

Whats the weight on the Fairdale Macaroni? My almost 6yo needs a bigger bike. Shes 3"10  and 46lbs. Her current ride is a 14" Royalbaby Stargirl and she zips around on it. I like that Macaroni color though because my younger ones can abuse it as well when they're ready (3yo, 1yo)

Top Considerations: 
Specialized Riprock 20 (coaster)
Fairdale Macaroni
Craigslist deal
Commencal Meta HT 20+ (lulzzz)

I haven’t weighed the Macaroni. I would say it’s equivalent to a smaller, solid BMX bike. A lot of the parts are from a Sunday BMX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk