IGNORED

do you own Industry 9 hubs?

They're for the Hydras. I got my Torch hubs last year...a week before the Hydras came out. 

I just ordered a new bearing set for my Torch rear hub yesterday. They have a mind numbing array of spare parts on their website. Great tech support and great instructions. 

Anyway, the video in question.

6 minutes ago, Barry said:

They're for the Hydras. I got my Torch hubs last year...a week before the Hydras came out. 

I just ordered a new bearing set for my Torch rear hub yesterday. They have a mind numbing array of spare parts on their website. Great tech support and great instructions. 

Anyway, the video in question.

Barry, they say they're compatible with Torch hubs as well.

...and yes, I ordered a FART last night.

Edited by Teamsloan
  • Thanks 1

? For you I9 peeps. I just ordered an HG freehub for my torch hub so I can run a different cassette than SRAM. I figured while I got it taken apart I might as well put some new bearings in the hub. All my go to websites seem to be sold out of mtb torch bearing kits, and since the new freehub i ordered is complete with bearings I really only need half the kit. So here’s my question. Is the 61804 bearing the same as a 6804 and the 61903 the same as a 6903? The dimensions seem to match.

8 hours ago, 4fun said:

? For you I9 peeps. I just ordered an HG freehub for my torch hub so I can run a different cassette than SRAM. I figured while I got it taken apart I might as well put some new bearings in the hub. All my go to websites seem to be sold out of mtb torch bearing kits, and since the new freehub i ordered is complete with bearings I really only need half the kit. So here’s my question. Is the 61804 bearing the same as a 6804 and the 61903 the same as a 6903? The dimensions seem to match.

I'll betcha I9 would know

10 hours ago, 4fun said:

Try here. Looks like 61804 and 6804 are the same except for 61804 being pre packed with grease.

https://bearingsdirect.com/ball-bearings/metric-sizes-ball-bearing/6800-series-x-thin-high-speed/61804-2rsj1-ball-bearing-20x32x7-sealed-6804-2rs?/?_vsrefdom=ppcgoogle&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Smart Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw-YT1BRAFEiwAd2WRthXWNGxRgi21Hg97ud1ARr6qgldUeLNTV53vj0qopzkdU-H8RxQJiRoCPPcQAvD_BwE

I9's support documents note  61804 bearings and not 6804 bearings. those two bearings have the same dimensions so either should fit. I am finding that bearings listed with the 5-digit nomenclature are listed as "deep groove bearings." because I9 specifies 61804, I'd recommend using that. I am still curious as to what the actual difference is now.