IGNORED

Strangest COVID-19 stuff you have witnessed

GFisher

20 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

I don't get why this is so hard to understand for thick-skulled morons in this country: wearing a mask is not to protect YOU. it's to protect OTHERS from the germs you might already have. it's so you can keep your germs to yourself. it's not that hard

Is this the Asymptomatic-Thick Skulled morons? The morons who haven't been sick? The ones who feel fine, haven't missed a day of work, and are living their own lives? The ones who aren't at home, hugging their pillows, watching CNN in fear? What is there to understand?

18 minutes ago, notyal said:

they are really depriving others of their rights to feel safe. 

It's not politics. . 

Since when is a feeling a right? Do I have the right to feel happy? Sad? Feeling safe is up to you.

It is politics.

correction: not wearing a mask is depriving others of their right to be safe, relatively speaking, not just to feel safe. if you disagree with that, you're thick and you're an asshole. it's not about politics, it's about stopping a pandemic from taking even more than the 100,00+ lives it already has. it's science, not politics.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JMR said:

Is this the Asymptomatic-Thick Skulled morons? The morons who haven't been sick? The ones who feel fine, haven't missed a day of work, and are living their own lives? The ones who aren't at home, hugging their pillows, watching CNN in fear? What is there to understand?

yes, those people are thick-skulled morons. we're asymptomatic until we're symptomatic. you don't know you're a carrier for several days. in that time, sauntering around among the public without a mask, you're spreading it far faster and more widely than if you took the simple, helpful, humble, kind measure of wearing a mask. but some people are too selfish and utter assholes and can't be bothered with this simple kindness to their communities. these are the same thick-skulled morons who speed in school zones, dump spent motor oil down storm drains, ride muddy trails, tell their friends that vaccines cause Autism, and don't flush the toilet after using public bathrooms. you can be a carrier and not get sick and never know. you could have missed exposure all this time until the time you went to a restaurant this weekend and someone coughed on you from the next table over. this is basic biology/ health stuff we all should have learned in middle school. it's world-is-round obvious and simple.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

correction: not wearing a mask is depriving others of their right to be safe, relatively speaking, not just to feel safe. if you disagree with that, you're thick and you're an asshole. it's not about politics, it's about stopping a pandemic from taking even more than the 100,00+ lives it already has. it's science, not politics.

Correction, it's not my job to make you safe. Its your job to make sure you're buckled into your high chair.

How many politicians have contracted the virus? Do they have better science?

17 minutes ago, JMR said:

Since when is a feeling a right? Do I have the right to feel happy? Sad? Feeling safe is up to you.

It is politics.

It always has been.  "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JMR said:

Correction, it's not my job to make you safe. Its your job to make sure you're buckled into your high chair.

Anti-maskers are effectively removing the straps from society's high chair. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JMR said:

So if it's not my job to make anyone safe, I should feel free walk around HEB swinging my nunchucks around. if other people get whacked, it's their fault. it's not my job to keep them from getting hurt.

that's exactly what that sounds like. if you don't think you have a responsibility to take some simple, tiny measure out of a sense of responsibility to you neighbors to at least kind of reduce your ability to spread a virus that is creating a pandemic that has brought our very civilization to its knees, you're some kind of sociopath. what the fuck is wrong with you?

if you don't like being told what to do and do the opposite of what you're asked just to be defiant. that's toddler behavior. grow the F up.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JMR said:

They have better health care. You know, the kind they keep telling us we cant have.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

So if it's not my job to make anyone safe, I should feel free walk around HEB swinging my nunchucks around. if other people get whacked, it's there fault. it's not my job to keep them from getting hurt.

that's exactly what that sounds like. if you don't think you have a responsibility to take some simple, tiny measure out of a sense of responsibility to you neighbors to at least kind of reduce your ability to spread a virus that is creating a pandemic that has brought our very civilization to its knees, you're some kind of sociopath. what the fuck is wrong with you?

Jeez! Calm down... and yes, if you're walking around HEB swinging your nunchucks around, it's my job to avoid you. You have every right to swing whatever you want. Until you hit me with it. Then we'll have a different kind of discussion. However, if you're swinging nunchucks that no one can see, and no one can prove that you have nunchucks, should I stand there and lecture you about putting your nunchucks away? Because you might hit someone with them?

I should know better than to use metaphors involving nunchucks. I can't argue with someone so thick that they choose ignorance about basic social contract stuff. you're not even trying to have a logical argument about this. just willful ignorance and bad-faith arguments.

Edited by mack_turtle

3 minutes ago, JMR said:

Jeez! Calm down... and yes, if you're walking around HEB swinging your nunchucks around, it's my job to avoid you. You have every right to swing whatever you want. Until you hit me with it. Then we'll have a different kind of discussion. However, if you're swinging nunchucks that no one can see, and no one can prove that you have nunchucks, should I stand there and lecture you about putting your nunchucks away? Because you might hit someone with them?

It's like you start to make a logical point, but then completely miss the mark. If you didn't know whether or not you were swinging the invisible nunchucks, but all you had to do to reduce the unknown threat was (let's say for the sake of the analogy) wear a jacket. Would you wear the jacket or wait until you clobbered some old lady in the checkout line first?

18 minutes ago, notyal said:

It's like you start to make a logical point, but then completely miss the mark. If you didn't know whether or not you were swinging the invisible nunchucks, but all you had to do to reduce the unknown threat was (let's say for the sake of the analogy) wear a jacket. Would you wear the jacket or wait until you clobbered some old lady in the checkout line first?

This is getting ridiculous. I don’t have the virus (nunchucks). That’s why I don’t wear a mask. If you’re afraid, stay home and be obedient. Order your stuff online, or have HEB bring it to your car. You’re responsible for your own wellbeing. Or, you can blame others. It all up to you. 

16 minutes ago, JMR said:

This is getting ridiculous. I don’t have the virus (nunchucks). That’s why I don’t wear a mask. If you’re afraid, stay home and be obedient. Order your stuff online, or have HEB bring it to your car. You’re responsible for your own wellbeing. Or, you can blame others. It all up to you. 

have you been tested? you're asymptomatic now, but what about the next few days or months?

how to you know you weren't exposed and carrying it this past weekend?

do you know you won't be exposed to it in tomorrow? next week?

if everyone with whom you had contact in public was wearing a mask, there's a much stronger chance that you were not and will not be exposed to it. that's how the mask thing works. if other people are willing to do that for you, why are you so selfish to not do it for others? it's a social contract thing. I can't explain empathy for other humans being to you. if your parents didn't teach you that, there's still time to learn. it's clearly lacking among a significant portion of the population—the part for whom concern about well-being starts and stops with the self.

there's a better metaphor about peeing in public pools, but you seem pretty skilled at missing the point of metaphors, so I won't bother.

Edited by mack_turtle

4 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

what is right for Glasscock county may not be the same for Travis county

Haha I know that's right. Every time we eat at our favorite restaurant that happens to fall in Austin (Pacific Star), we're cursing Austin for making us eat grilled fish with a flimsy plastic fork and drink beer from a plastic cup. At our favorite restaurant in Cedar Park, Los Reyes, we drink beer / margaritas from frosted mugs and use regular utensils. 

Edited by throet

5 minutes ago, throet said:

Haha I know that's right. Every time we eat at our favorite restaurant that happens to fall in Austin (Pacific Star), we're cursing Austin for making us eat grilled fish with a flimsy plastic fork. At our favorite restaurant in Cedar Park, Los Reyes, I drink beer from a frosted mug and use regular utensils. 

Great spot Los Reyes is. Right up the road off of Whitestone is our favorite, Blue Corn Harvest. We went last night to celebrate. Limited capacity and a trimmed down temporary menu, but still great. Recommend a stop in, especially during happy hour times (all the way until 7p). 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, FJsnoozer said:

The prime minister contracted it.

/Argument

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did America get a prime minister? 

If we're gonna bring European countries into this discussion, it's just going to make the US and it's handling this pandemic look even worse.

Is that possible?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JMR said:

This is getting ridiculous. How can you miss the point sooooo badly. YOU DON'T KNOW WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE VIRUS. That is the entire point. You don't know if the person sitting next you has the virus. You don't know whether the old lady in the checkout line ahead of you just contracted the virus because you just sneezed on her. 

12 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

have you been tested? you're asymptomatic now, but what about the next few days or months?

how to you know you weren't exposed and carrying it this past weekend?

do you know you won't be exposed to it in tomorrow? next week?

if everyone with whom you had contact in public was wearing a mask, there's a much stronger chance that you were not and will not be exposed to it. that's how the mask thing works. if other people are willing to do that for you, why are you so selfish to not do it for others? it's a social contract thing.

there's a better metaphor about peeing in public pools, but you seem pretty skilled at missing the point of metaphors, so I won't bother.

I've had no symptoms for months. I work with people that live from Austin to Killeen. None of us wear masks. Went to a wedding last weekend with people from all over. Still don't have a virus. I'm sorry you're so scared. I didn't even cuss at you or call you names.

1 minute ago, notyal said:

This is getting ridiculous. How can you miss the point sooooo badly. YOU DON'T KNOW WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE VIRUS. That is the entire point. You don't know if the person sitting next you has the virus. You don't know whether the old lady in the checkout line ahead of you just contracted the virus because you just sneezed on her. 

No. I get the point. Living in fear of something that I MIGHT get, something that has such a high survival rate, seems pretty sheep-ish.

• Albert locked this topic