IGNORED

Strangest COVID-19 stuff you have witnessed

GFisher

How condescending of you Karen. Also you missed the mark and your "sarcastic" post is something similar to what my teenager would write. How old are you now? Nobody on this forum believes for one second that politicians are immune or impervious to Covid 19. You actually thought that was my point? To lube this a bit for you, my point was most, if not all of them have GUARANTEED FREE healthcare that the rest of us pleebs do not. So someone with access to good healthcare will have a better outcome than someone without. You know, like the millions of people laid off who's insurance was attached to their jobs? We won't even get into socioeconomic issues and how that determines outcomes.

Since you've been so patient.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/23/838085670/europes-economy-was-hit-hard-too-but-jobs-didn-t-disappear-like-in-the-u-s

Germany is a great example of how to balance the pandemic, and it's effects on the economy with workers quality of life. Meanwhile, it's been a complete shitshow here where you have to be fired in order to collect the shitty unemployment thus losing your insurance and potentially your career. 

All from a country that was divided and reduced to rubble 75 years ago.

This was just a trap for you to try to bring up ONE country of Europe to prove how “Europe” has done it better than the US. I figured you would have picked one of the more obscure less populated countries.

Last time I checked, UK, Spain, Portugal, Italy are all part of Europe.

I grabbed the prime minister for fun because he is a politician from a country with universal healthcare. No one is immune due to social status or their healthcare system.

Did you know that in Germany you can’t just restore a car in your garage? The regulators come to your house and review your build? Clearly they accept a level of regulation which would not pass in the US.

See you in 3 months. I’m going to go ride my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, FJsnoozer said:

This was just a trap for you to try to bring up ONE country of Europe to prove how “Europe” has done it better than the US. I figured you would have picked one of the more obscure smaller populated countries.

Last time I checked, UK, Spain, Portugal, Italy are all part of Europe.

I grabbed the prime minister for fun because he is a politician from a country with universal healthcare. No one is immune due to social status or their healthcare system.

Did you know that in Germany you can’t just restore a car in your garage? The regulators come to your house and review your build? Clearly they accept whatever regulation is given to them.

See you in 3 months

No sh*t boris and that was the strawman argument i pointed out that you were making. Please don't try and spin this like it was some sort of trap all along because you f@cked up. Use those bootstraps and swing again. I've seen you argue with others on this forum and it's not good.

U.K. Paid their citizens wages and they didn't have to be fired.

I used to restore classic cars for a living, and couldn't f*cking care less about them. Shitty example as usual. I'll take quality of life i.e. healthcare, education and actual pursuit of happiness over the fake wining we've had in america over the last 4 decades. You also must be one of those regulation is bad types until something happens to you.

Are you seriously defending the job the US has done with this pandemic and the resulting financial collapse? You can't possibly be that indoctrinated? 

"See you in 3 months"

Please let it be true. Somewhere, out there, there's a BOT infested wasteland of a former mtb website calling to you.

Edited by ATXZJ

5 minutes ago, Browndog said:

I think wearing a mask hanging off of one ear is the new style equivalent of wearing overalls with one strap down.

or sweats with one leg pushed up😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATXZJ said:

Meanwhile, it's been a complete shitshow here where you have to be fired in order to collect the shitty unemployment thus losing your insurance and potentially your career. 

You left out the part about where your employer then has the balls to ask you to come back to work making a fraction of what you were getting and less even than what you're getting on unemployment. Happened to somebody I know!  

• Like 2

Just now, throet said:

You left out the part about where your employer then has the balls to ask you to come back to work making a fraction of what you were getting and less even than what you're getting on unemployment. Happened to somebody I know!  

100%

Had this happen to two friends as well. Keeping your job is the new raise.

#winning

• Like 2

I think I've said it somewhere else on a thread... So again... Proper community is built in and out of sacrifice... I give a little, he gives a little, you give a little... All with the same view/end result.

But human nature is not real sacrifice leaning... Unless there is a big stick hovering over it.

Wearing a mask just takes a little sacrifice on your part. It's not a white flag of independence defeatism. It simply is an expression of good community.

And truth be told... Participating in good community is one of the highest levels of independence expression.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

No sh*t boris and that was the strawman argument i pointed out that you were making. Please don't try and spin this like it was some sort of trap all along because you f@cked up. Use those bootstraps and swing again. I've seen you argue with others on this forum and it's not good.

U.K. Paid their citizens wages and they didn't have to be fired.

I used to restore classic cars for a living, and couldn't f*cking care less about them. Shitty example as usual. I'll take quality of life i.e. healthcare, education and actual pursuit of happiness over the fake wining we've had in america over the last 4 decades. You also must be one of those regulation is bad types until something happens to you.

Are you seriously defending the job the US has done with this pandemic and the resulting financial collapse? You can't possibly be that indoctrinated? 

"See you in 3 months"

Please let it be true. Somewhere, out there, there's a BOT infested wasteland of a former mtb website calling to you.

The US is doing a fantastic job I don't understand what you're talking about. We're the best and greatest country in the world the numbers prove it. 25% of all world wide deaths are here in the great ole US of A. 410,000 deaths worldwide 111,000 of those deaths in the US and no signs of it slowing down anytime soon. I'm pretty sure we'll surpass 200,000 unfortunately. But just think of all the natural resources that that will be left for the ultra wealthy. Let's not also forget how well the stock market was doing even though unemployment was at record lows. Something is very wrong here.

• Like 4

With the current death rate in the US at +/- 1000 we'll hit the 200,000 mark within 90 days that puts us in September the beginning of flu and cold season. Question is how much farther will that number climb. Fall and winter are going to be brutal as far as covid is concerned.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chief said:

With the current death rate in the US at +/- 1000 we'll hit the 200,000 mark within 90 days that puts us in September the beginning of flu and cold season. Question is how much farther will that number climb. Fall and winter are going to be brutal as far as covid is concerned.

Factor in all the snot flying from cedar season, and this fall is definitely gonna have people on edge.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RidingAgain said:

Wearing a mask just takes a little sacrifice on your part. It's not a white flag of independence defeatism. It simply is an expression of good community.

a simple, humble truth. that's all that we need right now. thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chief said:

Question is how much farther will that number climb.

We've effectively weaponized stupidity by denigrating distancing, masks and shutdowns. Spoiler alert: numbers are gonna get a lot higher because those in charge have fewer tools in their tool box. When numbers go up the public will not stand for resuming restrictions or wearing masks, so get set for a season of "thoughts and prayers" defense.

The smartest thing all of us can do is be flexible and smart. Listen to the leadership, even if you don't agree with them, and try to do the things they are asking for. You're not an epidemiologist and you don't know better. An hour on YouTube does not constitute "research."

• Like 3

Nothing to see here. Move along.......

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/06/10/texas-shatters-record-for-new-coronavirus-cases/#537bf7a54923

favorite quote:

"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has said several times in the past that the state should expect to see an increase in infections as testing ramps up, but that would not explain why there’s been a rise in hospitalizations or the percentage of tests coming back positive."

7 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Nothing to see here. Move along.......

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/06/10/texas-shatters-record-for-new-coronavirus-cases/#537bf7a54923

favorite quote:

"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has said several times in the past that the state should expect to see an increase in infections as testing ramps up, but that would not explain why there’s been a rise in hospitalizations or the percentage of tests coming back positive."

Alamy_A14A69-c-29b8790.jpg?webp=true&qua

• Like 2

Stay at home, I'm sure it will magically disappear when you come back out. This is a great description of what the *fix* is actually doing.

As a result of this, tens of millions of people are now unemployed. A huge number of them have no prospects of working again. Many thousands of small businesses are closed and will never reopen. More Americans have become dependent on drugs and alcohol, seeing their marriages dissolve, and become clinically depressed.

Some of them delayed their weddings. Others were banned by the government from burying their loved ones in funerals. Some Americans will die of cancer because they couldn't get cancer screenings, some unknown number have taken their own lives in despair. Others have flooded the streets to riot because bottled up rage and frustration take many forms.

You are going to get it. A cure is not around the corner, a vaccine is along ways off. But feel free to hide. You have that right. You don't have the right to force your fear on others. Wear a mask, no one is stopping you. I don't. Don't like it? stay more than 6 feet away from me. Problem solved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheX said:

Stay at home, I'm sure it will magically disappear when you come back out. This is a great description of what the *fix* is actually doing.

As a result of this, tens of millions of people are now unemployed. A huge number of them have no prospects of working again. Many thousands of small businesses are closed and will never reopen. More Americans have become dependent on drugs and alcohol, seeing their marriages dissolve, and become clinically depressed.

Some of them delayed their weddings. Others were banned by the government from burying their loved ones in funerals. Some Americans will die of cancer because they couldn't get cancer screenings, some unknown number have taken their own lives in despair. Others have flooded the streets to riot because bottled up rage and frustration take many forms.

You are going to get it. A cure is not around the corner, a vaccine is along ways off. But feel free to hide. You have that right. You don't have the right to force your fear on others. Wear a mask, no one is stopping you. I don't. Don't like it? stay more than 6 feet away from me. Problem solved.

First of all, some of us were dependant on drugs and alcohol before COVID-19.

Next, there has to be a compromise. This attitude of "you can't tell me what to do. I'm not wearing a mask. fuck it and fuck you too" is the farthest thing from a compromise. How about this. Acknowledge that this is a virus, and it will spread indiscriminate of race, political affiliation, or other social factors. Then the other side can acknowledge that we all have to go on with our lives and work and socialize. We all should work as a community to at least do the minimum. Wash your hands. Wear a mask for the 30 minutes that you are in a store. That's the minimum. 

If you really want a solution and not a political platform, the answer is to keep living your life as you feel appropriate, BUT with some concern as to what others feel is appropriate. It's called compromise and compassion. Realize that small businesses and the economy as a whole needs everybody to participate. As a small business owner in an industry that has been hit very hard by this, I know I'm going to do everything possible to make my customers feel safe. It's really a shame that everyone who wants the economy to get back on track does not share the same outlook and are unwilling to at least do the minimum. 

• Like 6

I agree that there is no cure coming anytime soon, and we will all at some point become infected. We've only been at this for three months and have a lot to learn before just plowing head first into the hellscape. All we have to do is study the last pandemic to see what not to do, which we've already f*cked up.  ICUs in the PHX valley hospitals are at 87%, half of which are covid related illness. That was the reason for locking everyone down. Now we're back to square one with little to show for it.

This virus shined a light on all the cracks in our systems. There's no hiding, or turning back from the fact the we have been manipulated by the powers at be into thinking that the free market will solve everything, and that unlimited and unchecked growth is sustainable. Constant cuts to social safety nets, exporting of working class jobs overseas, poisoning of our environments, stagnant wages for 4 decades and a unilaterally failing healthcare system has put us in this position. 

I'm self employed and my industry has also been hit really hard. I've chosen to play it safe as we have a kid with a heart condition that covid could mean life or death for her. That's not something i'm willing to play fast & loose with. I direct my ire at the "leaders" who have systematically failed the people of the united states and left them out to dry, not people who choose to stay at home or wear a mask.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, notyal said:

This attitude of "you can't tell me what to do. I'm not wearing a mask. fuck it and fuck you too" is the farthest thing from a compromise.

So is the attitude of "Wear the damn mask! You're gonna kill us all, you thick skulled asshole!!"

41 minutes ago, notyal said:

As a small business owner in an industry that has been hit very hard by this, I know I'm going to do everything possible to make my customers feel safe. It's really a shame that everyone who wants the economy to get back on track does not share the same outlook and are unwilling to at least do the minimum. 

If I came to your place of business, and you required a mask while I was there, I'd wear one. If you came to my place, I wouldn't. This kind of compromise I understand.

• Albert locked this topic