IGNORED

Strangest COVID-19 stuff you have witnessed

GFisher

3 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

there is no smoke-filled room full of Jews, Illuminati, Antifa, Deep State, Q-Anon ...

Have you been in every smoke filled room in the world? No? Then you cannot state the above as fact.

I doubt there is one too, but the way things seem so orchestrated, there might very well be. Study history. Groups that want to enact change attempt to create chaos so that they can take power and "save" the population from itself. 

• Like 1

So orchestrated....

Yeah, and they faked the moon landing....

This is Schroedinger's conspiracy. The government is both so inept that it can't get anything right but also so all-powerful that it is able to pull off something of massive scale that involves hundreds of thousands of people who all need to keep their mouth shut and they do it for years....

Or, you can choose Occam's Razor - the simplest solution is probably the right solution.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2020 at 12:46 PM, TAF said:

Well, we'll have to agree to differ on that. But I'm more curious where you got your information that masks can retain the virus. Is this conjecture, or is there research behind it?

Still waiting on this one, @TheX.

4 hours ago, AustinBike said:

So orchestrated....

Yeah, and Epstein killed himself....

This is Schroedinger's conspiracy. The government is both so inept that it can't get anything right but also so all-powerful that it is able to pull off something of massive scale that involves hundreds of thousands of people who all need to keep their mouth shut and they do it for years....

Or, you can choose Occam's Razor - Don’t question anything. Believe what the media tells you.

Fixed that for you. 

On 6/13/2020 at 2:16 PM, TheX said:

A mask is only good at stopping spit. Most people use the same mask over and over, so any virus that it blocks is just built up and being spread every time they put it on, take it off, adjust it, etc. 

10 hours ago, TheX said:

Seriously? The deadly virus is on all surfaces, why not a mask? Especially with hot, spitty breath. 

Wait, you're kidding... You almost got me there.

I'm not sure you understand the concept. You do realize that confining that hot spitty breath before the spit enters the air is the entire reason for wearing the mask right? It traps the airborne spit particles before someone else has the chance to breathe in your hot spitty (potentially virus laden) breath.

Those particles don't just poof out when you put it on, take it off, adjust it, etc. You can't infect yourself with your own mask, so you can reuse it a few times and wash it. It's for airborne particles that someone else could breath, nothing to do with protecting yourself from surfaces. But since you seem not to understand that, it could also help protect you from surfaces too as it makes it harder to lick doorknobs. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, AustinBike said:

The government is both so inept that it can't get anything right but also so all-powerful that it is able to pull off something of massive scale that involves hundreds of thousands of people who all need to keep their mouth shut and they do it for years....

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

5 hours ago, Barry said:

The discussion about airflow at the end kinda supports the idea that outside exercise isn't terribly risky.  

Pretty much this. I'd rather draft a biker on a trial for a half hour (outside of course) then have a 10 minute hallway conversation about the latest TPS forms.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Pretty much this. I'd rather draft a biker on a trial for a half hour (outside of course) then have a 10 minute hallway conversation about the latest TPS forms.

It still gives me pause smelling someone else's farts or Axe body spray when I ride (that was true before COVID-19).

1 hour ago, AntonioGG said:

It still gives me pause smelling (a) someone else's farts or (b) Axe body spray when I ride (that was true before COVID-19).

Although it's handy to note, if you can't tell the difference between (a) and (b), you are almost certainly now infected.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

It still gives me pause smelling someone else's farts or Axe body spray when I ride (that was true before COVID-19).

I actually had to nope a pass during a TMBRA race due to some BO. The Peddler guys must live on skunks and stink bugs or something.  Back to the discussion, my neighbor said he saw a 40 person peloton all maskless riding around. Brilliant asymptomatic low T bunch there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I'd rather draft a biker on a trial for a half hour (outside of course) then have a 10 minute hallway conversation about the latest TPS forms.

Listen we really need your buy-in to move the ball on the new TPS format. I don't care for it either but I've got every sales VP in the region and the analytics planning committee breathing down my neck. Lets close the loop on this one and I'll scratch your back next time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually worked with the guy that the character was supposed to be based on. Wife never believed the story until she had to listen to the conference call in the car  once.

bonus: he said “What do you have for me Homey” and she lost it. We were muted and she said “that is so condescending for a 60 year old white guy to be calling his subordinate ‘homey’.”

Then I had to break it to her that the guy’s name was Houmi.

fun evening.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I actually worked with the guy that the character was supposed to be based on. Wife never believed the story until she had to listen to the conference call in the car  once.
bonus: he said “What do you have for me Homey” and she lost it. We were muted and she said “that is so condescending for a 60 year old white guy to be calling his subordinate ‘homey’.”
Then I had to break it to her that the guy’s name was Houmi.
fun evening.

I cannot like this enough. Damn that’s funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to go to a stupid wedding in stupid Houston this weekend. Stupidest thing, they've already postponed the wedding until Feb., but they still wanted to get married on this date, so this was supposed to be a small family gathering. It's now over 50 people and has been relocated to a country club. They didn't postpone the wedding. They are just having two weddings. 

It's my wife's brother, so we are pretty obligated. I think I might just stay outside and cough a lot so nobody comes over and talks to me.

• Like 1

Brushy Creek sports park don’t give a f*ck about the Rona. Flag football ball, softball we’re in full force last night. I’ve never seen so many people there. Couldn’t even find a parking spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Browndog said:

Brushy Creek sports park don’t give a f*ck about the Rona. Flag football ball, softball we’re in full force last night. I’ve never seen so many people there. Couldn’t even find a parking spot.

As it should be. And amazingly....millions aren't dying.

• Albert locked this topic