IGNORED

Strangest COVID-19 stuff you have witnessed

GFisher

You go ahead and use MSM for your info. I'm going straight to doctors, nurses, and hospital admins that I personally know for my info.

Please, wear a mask forever, and stay home...PLEASE, stay home. I just got back from the dentist, and had no trouble parking. It was AWESOME. I mean, it was terrible. Zombies everywhere!!!!1

3 hours ago, notyal said:

I have to go to a stupid wedding in stupid Houston this weekend. Stupidest thing, they've already postponed the wedding until Feb., but they still wanted to get married on this date, so this was supposed to be a small family gathering. It's now over 50 people and has been relocated to a country club. They didn't postpone the wedding. They are just having two weddings. 

It's my wife's brother, so we are pretty obligated. I think I might just stay outside and cough a lot so nobody comes over and talks to me.

Bring your social distancing/emotional support animal to the wedding:

02A71E50-0683-436D-B675-D17DB4AC4638.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good news Friday. Data that diverges from the MSM narrative. Remember, not all reported deaths were FROM Covid, many were people that HAD Covid when they died. But don't let facts get in the way.

• Cases go up from more testing.
  • Death rates still drops!

rates.thumb.png.b729ea4e976af7a46a6c5b10b0f15646.png

plexiglass.jpg.2840c9b498326d3cecf79100b96c96cb.jpg

Again, like the mask, the purpose of the plexiglass is not to prevent surface contact. It’s to avoid face to face transmission. Sure, there are ways to get the virus besides spitting/breathing in each other’s faces, but why say “it’s not perfect so fuck it all”?

Do you wear a helmet when you ride? What if you fall on tree branch and it impales you through the heart? A helmet can’t protect you from that so why even bother wearing any safety gear at all?

Governor ironsides has made the decision that we all knew she would.  Lube up and I'd start with a two finger minimum, because this is gonna be fukt.

"When students return, school districts will not be required to mandate students wear masks or test them for COVID-19 symptoms"

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/education/texas-students-will-return-to-schools-this-fall-gov-abbott-says/article_8e08e48e-e364-5ef2-bd16-dd7c6cb3045b.html

3 hours ago, notyal said:

Do you wear a helmet when you ride? What if you fall on tree branch and it impales you through the heart? A helmet can’t protect you from that so why even bother wearing any safety gear at all?

I'm thinking the above might need to be simplified some more... And even then, it might not be understood.

Honestly, it's just pretty, and sadly, amazing that this needs to be explained at all.

I just had to meet someone in the Domain to pick up something... I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Not because of the virus, but because of the abject human ignorance on display. It's like a fool's domain.

Edited by RidingAgain

Theoretically, If I wear a mask It will stop 95% of the bad germs coming out in my breath. That way I can protect you, because I care. But if you wear the same kind of mask, and I don’t wear one, it doesn’t protect you from me. Do these masks have a one way filter? How do we know which side is inhale, and which is exhale? If it’s the same kind of mask shouldn’t it provide the same percentage for breathing in as well as out? It seems like someone is trying to make me feel guilty about something I didn’t do. 

15 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Apple is shutting down stores again in a handful of states. 

if you think the shutdown was expensive, just imagine what multiple shutdowns will be. My gut says we opened too fast, without a good plan and no leadership. 

I think Texas as a whole shutdown too early from media driven panic. We could have waited until now when we really are starting to see an uptick of cases. I totally agree with you that this shut down reopen shut down again repeat will have a greater effect on the economy than a properly planned course of action which it seems none of our leaders has a grasp of. Just curious what happened to common sense? Oh wait, never mind we gave that up for smartphones. 

• Like 1

I can't argue the shut down too soon - don't have enough data on that. But the last 2 weeks have proved the "opened too soon" point is spot on. And the number of businesses that will play the open-closed-open-closed game will be huge. And many will not make it.

There is already a list of restaurants that had to re-close because of employees and patrons testing positive.

Sad.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JMR said:

Theoretically, If I wear a mask It will stop 95% of the bad germs coming out in my breath. That way I can protect you, because I care. But if you wear the same kind of mask, and I don’t wear one, it doesn’t protect you from me. Do these masks have a one way filter? How do we know which side is inhale, and which is exhale? If it’s the same kind of mask shouldn’t it provide the same percentage for breathing in as well as out? 

Actually some masks do have a one way valve and a lot of people are using those unfortunately.  They let unfiltered air out.

Even N95 masks aren't 100% effective when breathing in.  Professionals have to do a fit test to make sure it fits and seals well.  Most people are not wearing the kind of masks that will protect them in the case of aerosolized virus particles.  I wear just a 2-layer homemade cloth mask.

It seems like this point has been repeated multiple times here, but the thinking is that what masks do is to prevent droplets from being broadcast when talking, breathing, sneezing.   I know a lot of you can't grasp that all the answers are not available yet and see some grand conspiracy in this.  There is conflicting data as to whether aerosols are a problem (vs droplets).  Some think aerosols are the way people getting COVID-19 get the most sick since aerosols penetrate deeper into the lungs.  On the other hand, if aerosols was the primary way people are getting infected, the numbers should be much worse given that not everyone is wearing a mask or social distancing, and even with masks that don't properly fit, aerosols will bypass the mask.

At some point we will know for sure, or at least have a lot more answers about all this (aerosols or not? bald men more at risk?  A vs O type blood? Super-fit people getting really sick? completely asymptomatic people?). At that point, I'd rather be in the "I overreacted" camp than in the "I didn't do enough" camp, especially if I were to find out my actions caused someone to die.  I have 2 co-workers that have lost family members and have had other family members hospitalized so it's pretty real for us.  For some of you that need to work, I support you going back to work and your business staying open.  Observing a minimal amount of caution until we know all the answers is not that big a deal for me.

• Like 4

Interesting take/opinion on masks, and one that I share. 

So Masks?
I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT
I wanna cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

Okay so upon further inspection OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick you can be sued.

• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Stewart’s and the guy with Covid has N95 mask his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Stewart’s (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out)

• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very Very quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it You become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment”

Cloth masks: today three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me.

By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks health. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

Ultimate Answer: N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.

The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale. (Like a vacuum bag it only works one way)

Cloth masks are WORSE than none.

The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work.

Wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Wash your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons. But trust me. The masks do not work.
*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.
If your mask gives you security wear it, just know it is a false sense of security.

If stores stopped enforcing it no one would continue this nonsense.

2 hours ago, TheX said:

Interesting take/opinion on masks, and one that I share. 

A lot of this sounds like absolute un-researched nonsense. I feel slightly sorry for you, as I think if you're going to wander about town with that attitude, you stand a reasonable chance of catching the thing.

I'll ask for the third time, where is your source data showing that masks can 'contain' the virus for considerable amounts of time? No BS, just answer the damn question.

1 hour ago, TAF said:

I'll ask for the third time, where is your source data showing that masks can 'contain' the virus for considerable amounts of time? No BS, just answer the damn question.

Why so angry? I never used the word considerable. You did. If you think the virus can't live on a mask, then you're delusional.

If people with a different opinion make you *angry*, you need to rethink how you're doing things.

I’m so tired of this mask/no mask crap. You do you but let’s all agree that we won’t be changing any mindsets on this forum. This is not a matter of tire pressure or tread pattern. This is life or death stuff. It really frustrates me to see so much energy put into defending a position that has no scientifically defensible position. I think the same mantra I use for all discussions applies here: “don’t be a dick”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never set out to change minds. I'm expressing my opinion. I happen to believe that it isn't as bad as MSM wants people to believe. What anyone else believes is their business. Life or death is a little dramatic looking at the real numbers, but that's just IMHO.

Edited by TheX

As a parent of kid with asthma, parents with respiratory issues, and in-laws on the edge of several health issues, this is life or death for me. I’m 100% behind the liberties that make this country great but you exercising your rights are directly impacting my family. As I said, I won’t change your mind and you won’t change mine.

I can’t say that the so called MSM is right but there are some things that I refuse to allow to fall into the “...we’ll find out at some point” camp. None of us know shit on this topic. Seriously...the world is reeling from this. No one can deny that. I choose to take it seriously because I have more to lose than gain by brushing this off.

• Like 4

If you have risks, deal with them. Stay at home, stay 6 feet away from people, and wear your masks. It's really that simple. Let others get back to living if they choose to.

I am dealing with them. That’s the whole point. When I have to get groceries, I deal with those risks. When I need to get gas, I deal with them. When I’m forced into a situation where I have to be around people that exercise their right to not wear a mask, I deal with them. Just like you, I can’t choose to lock myself in a room and wait for this to pass. I deal with those risks every day and those risks are greater than they need to be because of....America?? Because you choose to exercise your rights. Thanks for that. As I said, you do you. I’ll try and compensate as best I can and if I can’t, it’s not your family on the line so it’s all good.

• Like 2

• Albert locked this topic