IGNORED

Strangest COVID-19 stuff you have witnessed

GFisher

46 minutes ago, Barry said:

The problem really looks to be close quarter inside situations. This jives with the Kinsa data as well, where they show the numbers plummeting when bars originally closed. 

So much this^

I know i can be a bit of a broken record about Osterholm.  Here's a great article he recommended for people who've had to go back to, or currently work in an office environment.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160412020317876

More informative podcasts from CIDRAP

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/podcasts-webinars

Edited by ATXZJ

4 hours ago, AustinBike said:

As a matter of fact, even Abbott failed to bring that up. Clearly he was anti-protest and if there were even a shred of evidence he'd be all over it. Not a peep.

I have not been following everything super closely in our media but if Abbott happens to feel the same way I do, then he would not be anti-protest at all, but rather anti-riot and looting.  If you've found a place were he said he's anti-protest, please let me know because I would find that impactful.

Thanks
CJB

6 hours ago, TheX said:

Just talked to my across the street neighbor, he's a director at St. David's. 

Below expected utilization. So, I get my info directly from.

Hospital management/admins

Nurses

Doctors

Official county websites

Official hospital info

Yeah, I'm full of shit. I'm sure your MSM is WAY better.

I suspect your neighbor tells you whatEVER you want to hear, so your maskless self will head on back to your own yard.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TAF said:

I suspect your neighbor tells you whatEVER you want to hear, so your maskless self will head on back to your own yard.

Keep telling yourself that. Funny how angry people get when someone has a different opinion. Speaks volumes about their character.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheX said:

Keep telling yourself that. Funny how angry people get when someone has a different opinion. Speaks volumes about their character.

You know, I almost thought you were responding to RA, rather than to me. You and I may not agree on how to stay alive, but I’m not angry, and you don’t know me, so ... well, shut up, and what not.

22 hours ago, TheX said:

Just talked to my across the street neighbor, he's a director at St. David's. 

Below expected utilization. So, I get my info directly from.

Hospital management/admins

Nurses

Doctors

Official county websites

Official hospital info

Yeah, I'm full of shit. I'm sure your MSM is WAY better.

Below expected utilization for what services? All of healthcare is suffering from loss of business just like many other industries. In a pandemic situation though, it's not overall healthcare utilization that matters. It's utilization of the services that are required to treat severely ill patients, and ensuring that infections don't spread within the walls of those facilities. I have close ties to leaders across each of the major health systems in Austin, and can assure you that none of them are brushing off this pandemic in the manner that you are trying to do.    

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheX said:

And yet again....masks do not protect you, as all those studies found. But what you keep avoiding is that masks prevent YOU from infecting others. Yes, we all, here in this forum, GREATLY understand you care not one whit about anyone else but yourself. We get it. We really do. Why you keep posting this crap is beyond understanding at this point. We're not going to convince you how wrong not wearing a mask is and you won't be convincing anyone that wearing a mask isn't right.

• Like 3

Strangest stuff I've seen.....

People are rioting, setting fire to small businesses, taking over areas of cities, trying to get rid of police, tearing down monuments (no matter what they stood for), beating the crap out of people on the street for no reason, pulling people out of their cars to beat them too..... All in our own country.

And we're arguing about masks. To prevent a disease with an almost 100% survival rate.

Strange indeed.

Edited by JMR
Tree Magnet

People are rioting, setting fire to small businesses, taking over areas of cities, trying to get rid of police, tearing down monuments (no matter what they stood for), beating the crap out of people on the street for no reason, pulling people out of their cars to beat them too..... All in your own country.
And we're arguing about masks. To prevent a disease with an almost 100% survival rate.
Strange indeed.

I think that we’re arguing precisely because the survival rate is ALMOST 100%. It’s that few percent that represent people that one side cares deeply enough about that they will sacrifice comfort and their good looks to protect. The other side of that argument, they will happily sacrifice that percent on the altar of freedom.

By the way, this is OUR country and we’re all lucky enough to be here so we can have these dissenting opinions and discuss them in the open like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

I think that we’re arguing precisely because the survival rate is ALMOST 100%. It’s that few percent that represent people that one side cares deeply enough about that they will sacrifice comfort and their good looks to protect. The other side of that argument, they will happily sacrifice that percent on the altar of freedom.

By the way, this is OUR country and we’re all lucky enough to be here so we can have these dissenting opinions and discuss them in the open like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixed it. Good call.

1 hour ago, JMR said:

People are rioting, setting fire to small businesses, taking over areas of cities, trying to get rid of police, tearing down monuments (no matter what they stood for), beating the crap out of people on the street for no reason, pulling people out of their cars to beat them too..... All in our own country.

Strange indeed.

Wait until the economic crisis starts to roll... Strange will take on a whole new look.

• Albert locked this topic