IGNORED

Strangest COVID-19 stuff you have witnessed

GFisher

From what I've been told by doctors I know, the system has learned how to better deal with the critically sick patients, and are somewhat better at addressing early onset problems with high risk patients. This has led to a decrease in deaths.

That good news aside...

I just heard yesterday of another friend here in Austin... A late 20s, early 30s, man that's pretty fit (runs half marathons, competes in fitness competitions)... That got infected and has been having a hard time over the last couple of weeks. Not critical, but painful.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

I just heard yesterday of another friend here in Austin... A late 20s, early 30s, man that's pretty fit (runs half marathons, competes in fitness competitions)... That got infected and has been having a hard time over the last couple of weeks. Not critical, but painful.

He's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I struggle with the new data now that dickstain has blocked reporting to the CDC. 

This virus is a cruel bitch for sure. Wife's best friends sister in Utah got it in early march while on vacation in mexico. She and her husband are early 50s, endurance athletes and bodybuilders. Full tilt redbull types. Both spent weeks in hospital, husband now has high blood pressure they are struggling to control and wife requires oxygen to walk around the block. Meanwhile FIL who's 78, lives in a  nursing home , 60+ year smoker, came back from vietnam a full on drug addict, alcoholic and maintained a pill collection that'd put michael jackson to shame. He was diagnosed with covid two weeks ago. He had a mild fever and has now fully recovered. Oh, and he's also had two strokes in the past 12 months as well. 

WTF

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

I’ve got a friend who tested positive for covid. Ran a fever for three days. Had a cough. Felt like a cold. His wife, who slept in the bed next to him, never got it. His 5 yr old son drank after him the first day, and the kid never got it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Weird stuff. 

Have y’all heard anything about certain blood types being more resistant? I don’t know how true that is. 

Edited by JMR
No idea
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, quixoft said:

He's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

And you’re an asshole because you just choose to be one?

5 hours ago, JMR said:

I’ve got a friend who tested positive for covid. Ran a fever for three days. Had a cough. Felt like a cold. His wife, who slept in the bed next to him, never got it. His 5 yr old son drank after him the first day, and the kid never got it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Weird stuff. 

Have y’all heard anything about certain blood types being more resistant? I don’t know how true that is. 

Yeh, same with my friend. His wife is looking after him and so far she’s fine, and his daughter who is maybe 4 or 5 is okay too. 

Edited by RidingAgain

1 hour ago, ATXZJ said:

I doubt it. I read a quote from Gohmert where he basically blamed the mask for giving him covid. 

"I can't help but wonder if by keeping a mask on and keeping it in place, that if I might have put some germs or some of the virus onto the mask and breathed it in,"

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JMR said:

Weird stuff. 

I had a close friend get it, he's 55 average health and he had fever for 2 days, a cough for over a week and that was it.  His wife never caught it.  However, his parents live with them and they are both 84 yr old.  His mom had a similar reaction to him, but his dad had a pretty tough case.  He spent 2-3 days in the hospital (at 2 different hospitals).  They went in first and the 1st location mis-diagnosed it and told them to go home.  24hr later that are at a different hospital being admitted and getting top-shelf care.  He said the differences were dramatic.

But the main reason I bring this up is that my buddy is a believer in the different affect blood types have with handling the disease.  Both he and his mom are bot 0 types.  His dad is A type.

Just for another personal data point.  Another friend of mine has 3 kids: 11, 9, 7 yr old.  The oldest 2 are boys and both picked up the Covid.  At the time my friend had his brother in law family over from houston and they were all in a relatively small house.  They did their best to be conscientious, and the 2 boys were the only 2 to get it.  The entire family was pretty shocked by this.  Both he and his wife (along with the BIL family) ended up taking Covid tests for work and all came back negative.

Now I'm in no way saying this isn't contagious, in fact, I kinda thinks its pretty darn contagious from the stuff I've read.  But I do find these did bids interesting little points to how it has or has not spread.

Later,
CJB

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, CBaron said:

I had a close friend get it, he's 55 average health and he had fever for 2 days, a cough for over a week and that was it.  His wife never caught it.  However, his parents live with them and they are both 84 yr old.  His mom had a similar reaction to him, but his dad had a pretty tough case.  He spent 2-3 days in the hospital (at 2 different hospitals).  They went in first and the 1st location mis-diagnosed it and told them to go home.  24hr later that are at a different hospital being admitted and getting top-shelf care.  He said the differences were dramatic.

But the main reason I bring this up is that my buddy is a believer in the different affect blood types have with handling the disease.  Both he and his mom are bot 0 types.  His dad is A type.

Just for another personal data point.  Another friend of mine has 3 kids: 11, 9, 7 yr old.  The oldest 2 are boys and both picked up the Covid.  At the time my friend had his brother in law family over from houston and they were all in a relatively small house.  They did their best to be conscientious, and the 2 boys were the only 2 to get it.  The entire family was pretty shocked by this.  Both he and his wife (along with the BIL family) ended up taking Covid tests for work and all came back negative.

Now I'm in no way saying this isn't contagious, in fact, I kinda thinks its pretty darn contagious from the stuff I've read.  But I do find these did bids interesting little points to how it has or has not spread.

Later,
CJB

It's definitely interesting how it affects people so differently. We have to remember that this thing is only months old, and we really don't understand it yet. That's why we shouldn't scoff at the scientists and disease experts when they can't clearly explain something or some of the details aren't 100% accurate. The anti-mask conspiracy theorists want to throw the baby out with the bathwater if one data point doesn't make sense to them, but these scientists are the best we have, doing the best they can. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, notyal said:

It's definitely interesting how it affects people so differently. We have to remember that this thing is only months old, and we really don't understand it yet. That's why we shouldn't scoff at the scientists and disease experts when they can't clearly explain something or some of the details aren't 100% accurate. The anti-mask conspiracy theorists want to throw the baby out with the bathwater if one data point doesn't make sense to them, but these scientists are the best we have, doing the best they can. 

Just working as a community united against a common enemy. It really isn't rocket science.

Got news yesterday evening that someone I know here in Austin had died of COVID-19 complications. He was in his mid-late 60s I think, and definitely carried too much weight. Worked as a maintenance contractor, so he would have been out an about as he needed to keep a steady income flow. This is the first person I've known who has died of the virus.

where were all these anti-maskers when the patriot act was being signed again and again? oh yeah, i forgot it's easier to punch down, and mock people who wear masks than to acknowledge the actual tyranny that has been taking place in the name of defense contracts........er i mean "national security" for decades.

we are devo

• Like 4

After President Donald Trump threatened to veto the bill, the House of Representatives issued an indefinite postponement of the vote to pass the Senate version of the bill; as of June 2020, the Patriot Act remains expired.
According to wiki......

Granted, wiki isn’t the most reliable source of info. But, congrats! You made me look it up!

• Like 1

Fauci had this to say,

"I don't know. I hope and feel it's possible that by the time we get through 2021 and go around for another cycle that we'll have this under control," he added.

That's another year and a half basically. Idiots.

Here are today's Worldometer stats. This is what they want us to believe is worth killing small businesses, and the overall economy for. Just wear a mask, that will fix it!!!!

cases.png.40d98ef3bd20593c645a5f549a78862e.png

deaths.png.bc94a2e7161b7b3fc96d3780eb5a6336.png

And here is the average wait times for local ER's, that are NOT being over-run...at all.

sd-wait.thumb.png.cc8e9a15292dc4d046c27b6b520dea78.png

Change is painful.

The pandemic shined a light on the reality that we as country (and species) have been doing it wrong for decades. Covid is just a shot across the bow for what is coming down the pike as we continue to shit where we eat. Learn to swim.

• Like 2

• Albert locked this topic