IGNORED

How's Thumper looking?

Pretty good. Slightly overgrown in places right now as are most areas and a couple minor tree issues as usual. I went a couple Saturdays ago (4/25) thinking it would be deserted. I didn't see any riders on the trail (but a couple pulling in to park when as I was leaving). I did see 17!! hikers and trail runners and about 4-5 dogs while I did 1 lap. I was shocked. Not used to seeing more than 1 or 2 people, although I don't ride out there near as much as I used to.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, crazyt said:

probably because everyone in that neighborhood is working from home. I rarely have seen anyone on thumper except for the days leading up to the EB.

I hadn't either, but there were enough cars to just about account for everyone, including about 5 or 6 parked at the pool which I understood to be discouraged. No one parked on Fittonia. When I was leaving, I saw a couple in their 60's probably, from the way they were driving slow and looking around (and their floppy hats) I knew they were looking for a trail. Sure enough they eventually parked and were walking around, trying to find the trailhead (on the south side of the road) and then stopped to pull some map or something out of their pack. I doubt many of these peeps lived in the neighborhood. I saw it listed on a few hiker websites with many recent reviews. The 17 I saw that day were probably as many as I had seen during my 4 EBs combined. People are coming out of the woodwork. Granted it was a perfect Saturday morning.

13 hours ago, TAF said:

They are probably still in there!

"I just want to get the fuck out of this trail I don't care if I finish!" is one of my favorite EB quotes ever.

I bet the high traffic is a problem everywhere.  St. Ed's is nuts.

"NO PARKING"?  "IDGAF I'll park right next to the no parking sign and 1ft into Old Spicewood Springs Rd and I'll ride my skateboard with my off leash dog on the road."

It's nuts!

Edited by AntonioGG
Meant to say "No parking"

10 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

"I just want to get the fuck out of this trail I don't care if I finish!" is one of my favorite EB quotes ever.

I bet the high traffic is a problem everywhere.  St. Ed's is nuts.

"NO PARKING"?  "IDGAF I'll park right next to the parking sign and 1ft into Old Spicewood Springs Rd and I'll ride my skateboard with my off leash dog on the road."

It's nuts!

I know it. I rode SATN last Sat early am for the 1st time in a while and could not believe how many peeps with strollers, double strollers, dogs with 20ft leash, no leash, toddlers on trails,berry pickers and bird watchers. Quite a shitshow navigating thru, but oh well, I'm sure everyone's loosing their minds. I just ring a bell and say, Howdy. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

The Thumper Trail Angel (admittedly, my wife), a couple of EBs ago: “you need to put name tags on these guys, most of them either don’t know or can’t pronounce their names when they come out.”

Yup, it’s the Upside Down World.

• Like 1