IGNORED

Magura 2-Piston Rear 4-Piston Front Combination

1 hour ago, cxagent said:

I thought I was the only person who runs their brakes "moto style". 

I brought my bike over with me when I moved here and just kept riding with the UK set up. When I’ve borrowed/rented bikes in the US I’ve been fine with front left/ rear right the majority of the time, but the times I haven’t  have been in urgent/instinctive moments when I really didn’t want to get things the wrong way round. Maybe I could learn to be fluent with both set ups, but I’m not willing to grab a fistful of front by mistake the number of times necessary for me to learn that lesson.

Also, I sold my motorcycle a few years ago, but it seems like switching between front right/ left clutch and the US bike brake setup would be weird? Not sure as I’ve always had the front brake on the right in both cases.

10 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I rented a bike in India that came moto style.  I rode it on the road so it wasn't hard to get used to it, but I wondered about how hard it would be if I went off-roading like that.

I rented a bike in England that was Moto style. Yeah, I learned that quickly as I went over the first drop and grabbed a bunch of front brake. Did not crash but had an incredible nose wheeling and suspended over the front wheel for a long time. Pulled out of that and thought I'm a genius, then promptly ate it on the next drop. After that I had it down. The beauty of mechanical brakes is that you can swap cables, which is a lot harder to do with hydraulics.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I rented a bike in India that came moto style.  I rode it on the road so it wasn't hard to get used to it, but I wondered about how hard it would be if I went off-roading like that.

In most situations I can handle the brakes being reversed. But when the trail gets technical I want the front brake where I expect it to be. Going DOWN a sketchy drop I let off the front brake (right hand) just like on a dirt bike. I keep the rear brake (left hand) at the same braking point. That keeps traction on the front wheel and dragging the rear brake keeps the bike straight even if I pick up a little speed. You know what happens when you let off the rear brake and keep the front on? On a sketchy drop things get ugly fast. Under those kind of trail conditions I don't have time to think - which brake is which on this bike???

• Like 1